Our stay at this hotel was an absolute dream. Really.
Our room was average-size, but well appointed. It was on the balcony deck, so we had a lovely balocony in which to soak in the wonderful weather.
The staff was great. They catered to every request - from numerous mojitos at the pool/beach to extra chocolates every night, they were great.
The food was good. Just had the sushi, which was good. Nothing spectacular, just really good quality.
I loved the bath products, LOVED them. The soap, lotion, shampoo and conditioner was great.
The gym was adequate, really sufficient. Many hotel gyms, IMO, are subpar and an afterthought, but this one, while small, met every need. A nice feature in the hotel, there were large bottles of Evian water and bowls of fruit (Asian pears - my fave) for the taking. I would stop by before heading out for the day get some water and a pear for a snack.
The spa was exquisite. Guests get complimentary use of the spa and it was really nice. Boyfriend and I both took steams after working out and the entire spa experience was just sublime.
I really enjoyed the pool/beach area. The Mandarin has a a great little beach area on the bay and it's fabulous. They have those great, big beds on which to lay and it's just so relaxing.
One thing I didn't like (and it drives me crazy at all hotels), they charge $5 per 15 minutes for internet usage. I know it sounds petty, but when I am paying $500 for a hotel room, for a property to charge so exorbitantly for internet time is just petty. But they're making money, so I would do the same if I was in that position.
Overall a remarkably relaxing, special stay. Cannot wait to return.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental
- Miami Mandarin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include two high-energy restaurants, M-Bar - a dynamic cocktail lounge and martini bar, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Mandarin Oriental, Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.