Of all the hotels I have stayed in across the world, the Mandarin excels in one main area - the friendliness of the staff. There is something almost sinful at watching staff members literally sprint to open doors for you. After three or four days you feel a deep sense of outrage if you actually have to open the main doors yourself!
As for facilities, our room was spacious, the balcony had a superb view over Miami's business district, the bathroom was luxurious (open plan from the bedroom but there is a screen), there are luxurious shampoos etc, the shower was big enough for four, never mind two, the bed was massive, as was the flatscreen TV and we had no complaints whatsoever.
As for the rest of the facilities, the pool area is nice - not great - with a small bar and there is no ambience of people sitting at the bar enjoying a drink when the sun goes down. However there is an extensive good bar snack menu at five star prices and the pool and hottub are fine. The private beach is excellent, attentive staff, superb views, good loungers and cabanas, soft sand, and nice and quiet. Sheer luxury..
This a great hotel in a great location, safe, central, 5 minutes to Bayside and 15 to South Beach. Regarding other moans placed on here - there should be kettles in the rooms but there is free coffee in the mornings in the lobby. Its not cheap, but what do you expect for a five star hotel?
One small point.. we asked the concierge for a jetski recommendation and the firm picked us up and returned us to the hotel for $30 and an hour cost $110. Great.. but with fuel and tax somehow the bill came to more than $200... Beware pirate jetski companies!
We would definetly stay there again....there are cheapoer and more hip but this is luxury at its best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Mandarin Oriental, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental