Treated myself to a long weekend at the Mandarin for my birthday and it couldn't have been a better thing to do for myself. If you want refined elegance where service is with a welcoming smile, then this is it. Perfect for a meditative retreat - very restorative to the soul. The pool is not large, but it was never very crowded. It's an infinity pool so the views are nice, especially when you're in it. Water temp was always perfect. The constant refilling of ice water with lemon, gratis, was a most welcome touch for all the guests at the beach and pool. Pretty much did not need to leave the hotel as lazing by the pool and man-made beach w/ teak canopied beds was too perfect. Rooms were spacious and impeccably clean. Food at Cafe Azul was extemely good. High caliber fitness room (and of course their well-known spa which I did not try). There's also an easy jogging path around Key Brickell (about 1.3 miles) which the Mandarin gives a small map for.
I've tried the Ritz Carlton in Miami as well with friends and I have to say I like them both equally but for different reasons. They are both high quality hotels well worth their 5 stars, but if you're looking for some privacy away from the crowds, then the Mandarin is a better bet. And yes, they brought me a lovely cake while I was away as well as received a lovely happy b-day message from their GM, Jorge Gonzales. Quite the nice surprise-- as I said their service seemed genuinely sincere and thoughtful. Would definitely stay again and plan to make this an annual trip. You really should try one of these wonderful hotels as it really does help to enhance the SOBE experience. Also try their web-site for some seasonal specials; you won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Mandarin Oriental, Venere, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental