First of all, I agree with most of the reviews on trip advisor that the hotel grounds and facilities are excellent. The staff however, could use a lesson or two on customer service and manners. In my opinion it's the service you receive that seperates the high end hotels from all the rest. The front desk clerks and concierge were of no help and were quite snobbish. We were in town for business, unfortunately during the time Hurricane Jeanne was due to hit north of Miami about 60 miles. Definitely not the time of year you want to be in Miami, and I realize we were lucky we didn't have a home in danger down there. I realize that it's not their choice to evacuate but when we were told at 10 am that we had to evacuate by noon and that they were not able to help in arranging an alternate hotel you realize you're not getting 5 star customer service. They gave us the names of hotels that they knew damn well didn't have any rooms available. Basically wasted our time on the phone when we should have been packing up to leave. I called down to the concierge and told him it would be well worth his time to help find us another hotel on the mainland and he basically blew me off with "nothing I can do." No apologies or an attempt at being courteous. We later found out that other hotels on the water had reciprical arrangements with mainland hotels throughout the Miami area. You would think that a hotel that touts itself as Miami's finest, would be a bit more prepared for events such as this. You would expect this low level service from a cheaper hotel, not a highly touted 5 star establishment. Bottom line is, if you want to spend a lot of money and don't care about the poor service you receive this is the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Tablet Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental