“Great choice” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here last year and it was great. Service was exceptional. We thought the rooms were very clean and it was close to everything we needed to be at. THe decor was lovely and the food we ordered was timely and good

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Wilton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My 3 day stay at Mandarin Miami on my way to the Galapagos was a quiet interlude before an activity filled vacation. The staff are very attentive and the location in a quiet neighborhood in Miami is a pleasant escape from the hustle and bustle of this large and active city. Thanks to Angela at the Spa for a fabulous massage and to the attentive beach and pool staff. Restaurants La Mar and Azul are both exceptional with diverse and unique offerings.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was our second visit to the MO Miami. We had decided to spend 3 nights over Valentine's. We booked via our Virtuoso travel agent and had an excellent room and enjoyed our added benefits in regards to breakfast & spa credit. Everything was perfect from the moment we arrived, through to the moment we left. The only thing I would say is that you can hear the neighbouring rooms at times. I think there was a family with small children next to us. I would suggest the hotel consider 'family floors' so those trying to enjoy a romantic getaway don't hear the crying through the walls. Other than that, room service, the bed, the air quality, the view, concierge, valet, everything was fabulous!

Room Tip: Book through a Virtuoso Travel Agent, you get some extra perks.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Gloucester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Sorry for the negative review but five star is disappointing, stayed there for a week in February spent over 5000k and they had the nerve to bill me for wifi are you kidding it's free, also had to call them three plus times to get a spa credit and breakfast credit which we got charged for pretty petti if you ask me not crying about the money it's just the point. Oh I forgot maybe they just expect you to too pay for everything and not care, btw the hotel and grounds were beautiful, staff pleasant beach service a little slow. FYI the room was up to standards and the restaurant La Mar was five star female bartender was one of the best I have ever had.

Room Tip: Make sure they don't charge you they list free wifi but I got charged after spending 5000k for a...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here as part of a conference and really enjoyed it. Great service, great food, beautiful rooms and a wonderful feeling of being at sea, even though you're across a short bridge from downtown. Easy walk to other restaurants or just hang out by the beautiful pool or on the man-made beach. Enjoy an evening in South Beach and then just take a quick $20 cab ride back.

One of the things that impressed me about the Mandarin Oriental was the attention to detail. I love having a good shower that is easy to operate - I can't count the number of times I've been in a hotel and had trouble figuring out how to get from cold to hot. I loved having a bedside clock that didn't glow red in the dark - at the Oriental I can know the time without being jarred into wakefulness. I liked being greeted by friendly staff as we walked around in the hotel. I would definitely stay here when I visit Miami again!

Room Tip: Seems like all the rooms have a bit of an ocean view but the rooms on the west side will give you ci...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The Mandarin is located in the downtown business district of Miami. This may not be ideal for all visitors especially tourists but for business visitors or those that like a tranquil setting and a bit of luxury, it works well. It is located on a small island called Brickell Quay that is beautiful at sunrise and sunset. If you like to run, you can get up early and do a couple of loops of the little island. It's my favourite thing to do. To my knowledge, all rooms have water views. I have stayed there a number of times and I have never had a bad experience. Good service is one thing but exceptional service delivered on a consistent basis is very hard to achieve. The only criticism I had previously is that the hotel had no bar area. They have recently corrected that by cordoning off an area in the lobby and creating a bar atmosphere. It's not bad at all. The food is good and the spa is pretty good too. You can't go wrong here but it can be very pricey at some times of the year. The only disappointing thing for me is that they don't have a rewards program. As someone who stays there regularly I would like to be recognised as a regular customer and rewarded with points.

Room Tip: Ask if your room has a balcony. Some have very small balconys.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We just spent one night at this hotel before going on a cruise out of the Miami port. We were VERY disappointed at the level of service and the staff (including the Manager on duty) at a property at this price point. On check-in we informed the front desk staff that we needed a cab to the port in the morning. We were told "no problem just call down 10 minutes before you come down and we will have the cab waiting for you. On check-out we found several other couples out on the hotel entrance sidewalk waiting for cabs. We were told by the bellmen that we were "on the list" after waiting 30 minutes or so with no cabs arriving I started to get nervous so I asked what the problem was, the bellmen shrugged their shoulders spoke among them selves (there were several out there) and said we were on the list and they could not do anything to help us. I then went to find the Manager, she was also out on the curb looking around for cabs as there were now more people waiting outside. She told me that the boat show was in town so it was very busy and that the cabs don't like to come up to their property and that it was out of their control. So she knew there was a problem, but did nothing to remedy the situation, such as hiring house cars to drive people. Im pretty sure they know in advance when the boat show is. One of the bellmen told me to schlep my own luggage down the street, over the bridge to try to hail my own cab! Appalling! We spent $1000 US in one day at this property and this is how they treat guests? Disgraceful really. After the Manager blew me off I went inside to ask the Concierge if he could be of service and he walked away behind the front desk to investigate. We eventually got a cab, ONLY because another couple was arriving at the hotel not because the hotel called, and we jumped in their cab and were late to check in for our cruise (Very stressful). I am shocked at this treatment from a hotel this expensive. Our room was nice but had dirty stains on the carpet! Really? get a carpet cleaner this is not Vegas. The service was slow everywhere, and the pool is smaller than it looks on the web. The beach area is nice, but it was closed for a private event so we couldn't use it! This hotel should refund my money, appologise for their rudeness and poor service, and start providing complimentary shuttle service for their guest.. DO NOT STAY HERE if you need a cab ride anywhere on your check out....

Room Tip: Try to get a room with clean carpet, if it's dirty when you walk in, ask for a different room, i...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Miami? Share your experiences!