This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel. I have enjoyed it every time, but also always seem to leave feeling as if something was missing. Can't quite put my finger on it, but I do know that I expect more for the price paid.
+Love the 'private island' that the property sits on
+Great gym facilities and running trail
+Pool temperature is fantastic
+Comfortable bed and nice sized bathroom
+Breakfast buffet is awesome
+Service, while overall good, not at level I'd expect for property (think property is too large for staffing level). Pool staff should be making the rounds more regularly, etc.
+Luxury hotel = high prices for EVERY possible auxiliary service. Nothing new here, but if you are going to charge $$$ for everything, I expect commensurate service, which is why I am marking them for this
+Valet parking at night can get jammed due to other property visitors
As I said above, can't really complain, and would stay again, but do wish they would dot the i's and cross the t's more to really make this feel 5 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Mandarin Oriental, Venere, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental