“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 131 hotels in Miami
Scotland
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed at the Mandarin for one night prior to our flight back to the UK.

The stay was enjoyable from start to finish - excellent location, lovely room and attentive staff, we couldn't ask for more! We did have breakfast on the day of our departure and it was excellent, both a la carte and from the buffet.

If we are back in Miami we would certainly return to the Mandarin.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

1,033 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My wife and I stayed at the MO Miami after transferrring from a noisy SoBe Hotel, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Despite being a large, multi-use hotel we felt that the staff were very polite, familiar and were able to recognise us from day to day. Our room was verycomfortable, and on return (we had visited the Caribbean in between trips to Miami) we were upgraded to a Junior Suite.

Rooms are well furnished, extremely clean and light - both of our rooms had large balconies and views over Brickell. The bar was lively and had a good atmosphere, and La Mar is a superb restaurant and surprisingly good value for money. The breakfast buffet is very good - a wide choice of food and a lively atmosphere. We would definitely return if visiting Miami again, and reinforced already very positive impressions we have of the Mandarin Oriental as a chain.

New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Upon arrival, had sushi and drinks in hotel bar . Have been ill since. Hotel front desk staff refused to deal with our "alledged" illness. We also suffered from frequent hallway, construction and low flying jet noise. We are awaiting contact from upper management.

Did enjoy beach area, but service there almost nonexistent. Room service menu very limited and one item ordered seemed like it had been around a while. Breakfast served outside by the road instead of pool area (where they served lunch). At this point, I am afraid to eat here.

Room was clean and maid service adequate. Balcony would have been a refuge, if not for nearby building demolition. We planned an eight night stay and are leaving after three.

Look for update to this posting regarding management's response.

Room Tip: RQ room away from Brickell due to ongoing building construction. Note this may be impossible due to...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Coconut Grove, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had dinner here for my birthday last week. Everything was delicious, well presented. Our waiter, Eduardo, was very good, he knew about every dish. My husband has a food allergy and Eduardo made sure that none of the dishes contained that ingredient. They brought our desser, picarones, with a candle but no tacky singing which was great. The only thing I did not like was the music, I don't know what exactly they were trying to convey, it was not peruvian or anything, just horrible noise. But all in all our experience was excellent and we will be back. Oh! and to top it all, it is not really expensive, very reasonable. They could offer to validate your parking since it is $13 and you have no other choice but to leave your car with the valet.

ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked this hotel for one night before we left on a cruise from the Port of Miami. It's more of an upscale business traveler hotel, rather than a resort. My main reason for selecting this hotel was that each room has it's own terrace & beautiful views of the water & city.
The Bad: We had a terrace & beautiful Miami views but no outdoor furniture on the terrace-thus we couldn't sit out there & enjoy it. Had I been staying longer than 24 hours, I would have asked for a room change. Also, there is no lobby store to buy the usual stuff one needs when traveling-soda, chips, newspapers, magazines, hair spray. There is a small supermarket off the property which one can walk to-but it was hot out there! The hotel pool is rather ordinary but has a nice bar.
The Good: I made up for my lack of outdoor terrace furniture by relaxing on the hotel's own private beach-which is spectacular! Good views of Miami & Key Biscayne & a hotel worker made
sure I was comfortably set up with a nice lounge chair, umbrella, cold water and a daiquiri. I was
back to being a satisfied guest. There is also a nice park & walking path all around the hotel with more spectacular water views. When we decided to go to a late lunch, we didn't want to leave the hotel, so we ate late lunch at La Mar-a Peruvian restaurant off the lobby. We were able to enjoy our meal outdoors on the patio & while we had never tried peruvian food before, we loved all the dishes we ordered-sliders, empanadas, & chicken skewers. It was so good that my husband then ordered a second round of sliders. Fresh fruit sorbet completed the meal. We didn't miss the usual greasy hamburgers & fries most hotel's offer & what we originally were searching for!
Some may be put off by a strange combo between the room & bathroom consisting of a huge opening between the bathroom wall & the bedroom, but there is a shade which can be closed if one wants more privacy. Both lobby & hotel room were beautifully furnished & very impressive.

Room Tip: If you want to enjoy your terrace, make sure it's one that includes outdoor furniture. Many had...
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I just checked out of the MO, Miami, FL.

I had been a guest there in the past on business, for my wife it was her first time.

Issues with the stay:

1. Staff could be rude at times

2. Improper turn down service - we had a table full of dirty plates etc from room service so we requested it be removed and turn down service be completed upon our return. We arrived at our room at 1 am ready to just go to bed and turn in, however, the room smelled of old food as the turn down staff left the entire table behind with all the dirty plates etc.

3. Room was not adequately appointed- We were missing a bath robe, and other small items like slippers etc. Again at $600+ rates per night that is not really what you expect.

4. Front Desk Staff
The front desk staff at check in was wonderful as expected at any five star resort. It was a gentleman, i think Sebastian, who was accommodating at our request for a speedy check in as we were late for a function with business associates.

Request for early check in was denied and late check out was very "fishy".
We know early check in cannot be guaranteed, however, Christie could be a bit more helpful in at least trying to accommodate a request. Pretend it is at least an effort of some sort. We had our private concierge service with Fidelity call over to request that and was told that the Mandarin was less accommodating than even they had dealt with before. We did receive an email from Christie but no where on it showed the requests was acknowledged.

At check out we had the staff member Christy(Not sure if same as above) who was also most unhelpful. This attitudes seems to be contagious at this hotel among staff. Polite but not helpful.

The issue we brought to her attention was the valet parking. We have a handicap decal and at this hotel there is no option to self park. At every hotel in South Florida we have stayed at, that automatically is taken off our bill. ESPECIALLY if the hotel does not offer an alternative. With rates at $600+ per night, you would expect that a $28 dollar valet charge is something that would be at least discounted for a guest with special needs.

We spoke to Christy and she gave us the excuse of it being a third party etc. We have stayed at the 4-Star Eden Roc on South Beach and even there it was up to the hotel to compliment it- Which they did with ease. The principal of the matter is we are guest of MO not a third party valet company and that such be considered in dealing with this IMO.

I felt as if I was speaking to a wall here because it seemed unimportant to her to assist us with this and more important to prove us wrong in requesting that be waived or discounted.
To me, this was not five star service. It lacked that warmth, understanding and hospitality.
Maybe we are just spoilt by FS and Ritz and Peninsulas.

My wife did call and ask to speak with guest relations manager to leave a comment, and they were unavailable, so we spoke instead to Luis, Front Office Manager. Another unhelpful person. There was only silence when my wife explained the situation. No - "I am sorry you feel this strongly about it and we left it this way" Nothing. Instead in a cold way - "What is your room number? And..Let me see what a manager says and get back to you by email."

We love the zen feel of the asian inspired hotel here, however with this service, I would rather take my business and that of my company to a more appreciating hotel chain. Four Seasons for example.

Room Tip: We choose a deluxe room with Bay View. I have stayed in superior rooms as well. The deluxe is better...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Well located for pleasure in the City.
Some wonderful restaurants.
ShenFui settings in entrance and some rooms.
Love the oversize rooms, baths and so on. The suite we had,included a steam room and huge bath that filled with water from an overhead faucet.
Love the Harbour views, the small man made beach and watching Dolphins in the water.

Room Tip: Higher floors with water views are best.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Miami? Share your experiences!