“Truly a culture of customer delight!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Complimentary Wifi
Ranked #8 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Atlanta, Georgia
“Truly a culture of customer delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We have traveled all over the US and Europe on business and pleasure and the Mandarin Oriental staff is by far the most focused on customer service of anywhere we have ever stayed. No desire or need was ignored. The room was spacious and well equipped. The grounds are lovely with an infinity pool and beach area. The sushi was fresh and delicious. The hotel sits on Brickell Key overlooking Biscayne Bay. We stayed in a room with a terrace and enjoyed sitting on the terrace looking at the lights at night. Wonderful!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 11th and 12 floors on our stays, over looking the Biscayne Bay with a terrace. The...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Algarve
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Had a fabulous stay at the Mandarin Oriental last November. Still one of my favourite chains! Service is always excellent, the room was wonderful, the sheets, bathrobe etc fabulous, and the Spa was outstanding!

The only complaint I had was the quality of the lunch - in particular the chicken noodle soup, which was really not up to standard. However, the feedback was quite well received by the manager who came to speak to me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

A lovely hotel undergoing some alterations. We stayed here for 3 nights and found the room 816 stunning with a lovely view of Biscayne Bay. The beach and pool areas are very nice and staff very attentive. The lobby is probably the only area lacking ..... When we arrived there was the temporary bar area overflowing towards check in with a large noisy group, slightly off putting when you believe your booking into a 5 star hotel! We decided to have a drink in the bar attached to the restaurant which was excellent, the staff were very friendly and attentive. Would recommend and stay again but it is a city location with not a lot to walk to.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

After a recent death in the family, I decided to do a quick Miami getaway. I considered Aruba but couldn't find favorable flight times for such a short weekend. I settled on the quiet more isolated MO over a South beach location because of the bay view and manmade beach and less crowds. wanted something with a water view and MO seemed to fit the bill. The hotel itself is visually stunning and Zen-like. Love the bathroom with the large soaker tub. I'm a bathroom fanatic, so bathrooms are important. Not as nice as a Trump bathroom but nice. I was traveling solo so the open window from the bathroom to the bedroom was fine. Might be an issue of you're traveling with a group you're not close to. There is a cloth Hunter Douglas blind that can be used to separate the things if necessary. I booked thru Expedia mainly because it's convenient not having to go to 50 websites even though u won't get the best room at times. I upgraded to a bayside view at the time of booking. Check-in was quick and I was offered a refreshing cold tea during checkin. I confirmed at check-in that I did indeed have a bay view. I get to the room which was nice, but there was barely a balcony. You could step out but not turn around. Wow. So I call the front desk and asked what was the availability to upgrade to something that chairs could fit on that I could see water. Not particularly fond of looking out at buildings. Wasn't looking for a freebie even though I thought I selected an upgrade at booking so I stressed that I was willing to pay..I was moved to a deluxe veranda for asmall fee,which was large and had room for two lounge chairs. Same type of room, but with a nice large veranda and NO cheap plastic chairs. My only beef was the definition of nice view. I wanted to see more water and less building but I was tired and didn't want to move again. Everyone was really helpful though. Bed was comfy but pillows were too soft for my liking even though I like feather pillows. Had to call engineering 're the entertainment system. He verbally talked me thru setup and offered to come up if I still had problems. The first room had a separate entertainment system whereas the 2nd room had an integrated system with HDMI, usb, and audio inputs at the desk. I am pretty tech savvy but I had to call because I couldn't find a button on the remote to switch inputs. Also u need a special cable to use your iPod/iPhone that only they have. I suspect there may have been a fee involved to use their cable so beware that your normal cable won't work. I do have a special cable to view video content for my apple devices but didn't bring it.WiFi is $15/24hr period. I think they may have an offer of free WiFi if u book thru the website and sign up for their free preferred club program. My cell is great as a mobile hotspot so I was good. There is a sony dream machine with an Apple dock, so I made due. I would have liked to see tea or other coffee selections. I normally travel with my own loose tea and accessories but didn't bring them for this short trip. A nice Illy espresso machine was provided. Room service was quick and I was able to order tea, though Jasmine green was the only offering for green tea. Menu is not extensive but I thought that the sushi roll was good. I'd rate the mojito 7/10.Skirt steak was well seasoned albeit it a little tough, but hey, it's skirt steak. I was informed of a marathon occurring on my checkout day which was a nice heads up. There is a free downtown Brickell Trolley that has a stop across from the hotel. I can't comment on spa services or man made beach yet. Will update later. Not quite the Ritz but not Holiday inn. Solid service so far with minor hiccups.

Room Tip: If u want a water view request to be placed on the far end. Room 610 deluxe veranda has actual rec...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Having stayed at this Mandarin for over 12 years, it is uniformly excellent. I think they have had the same general manager for all these years, who I never had the pleasure of meeting, but his direction is evident. The hotel is beautiful and well run, the facilities and service are unbelievably excellent. Every staff member exhibits hospitality at its best, from the doormen, valets, front desk, operators and housekeeping. Special mention to the front desk managers and reservations, notably Nathalie, who welcome you before you arrive, and make sure your personal details are known or remembered.
The lobby is gorgeous as are the well-appointed rooms and the outside terraces and pool, beach and grounds give you everything you want. A luxury setting with superb service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Found this hotel very peaceful. The pool was good. The restaurants were good and the service was great. I really can't fault it.
The shower was amazing and I absolutely loved all the products all over the bathroom.
I have to add though, if you're going with a friend, make sure it's a close one. I had only a curtain to separate the bedroom from the bathroom and it was a huge bathroom.

The only thing I would want to add would be a bar or restaurant on the top floor, what a view that would be. Everything was basically on the ground floor and despite it being lovely, I think a rooftop bar/restaurant would have added something extra special.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Longmont, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is an outstanding property -- beautiful facility and wonderful staff service. They are really a luxury oriented facility. A first class place; but, they charge accordingly. My only "gripe" is that for this level of hotel, it strikes me as tacky to charge for local phone calls and Wi-Fi. Much less expensive hotels in the area don't. Al in all, it was perfection.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
MOResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your constructive comments are very important to us.

I am happy to learn that overall you had an enjoyable experience at the hotel.

I would like to mention that as October 14, 2013, guests who book their reservations on mandarinoriental.com and create a profile will receive complimentary Internet access during their stay.

Thank you again for sharing your comments on your recent stay and hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Jorge Gonzalez

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Miami? Share your experiences!