“Great!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 130 hotels in Miami
London, United Kingdom
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Found this hotel very peaceful. The pool was good. The restaurants were good and the service was great. I really can't fault it.
The shower was amazing and I absolutely loved all the products all over the bathroom.
I have to add though, if you're going with a friend, make sure it's a close one. I had only a curtain to separate the bedroom from the bathroom and it was a huge bathroom.

The only thing I would want to add would be a bar or restaurant on the top floor, what a view that would be. Everything was basically on the ground floor and despite it being lovely, I think a rooftop bar/restaurant would have added something extra special.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1,103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Longmont, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is an outstanding property -- beautiful facility and wonderful staff service. They are really a luxury oriented facility. A first class place; but, they charge accordingly. My only "gripe" is that for this level of hotel, it strikes me as tacky to charge for local phone calls and Wi-Fi. Much less expensive hotels in the area don't. Al in all, it was perfection.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
MOResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your constructive comments are very important to us.

I am happy to learn that overall you had an enjoyable experience at the hotel.

I would like to mention that as October 14, 2013, guests who book their reservations on mandarinoriental.com and create a profile will receive complimentary Internet access during their stay.

Thank you again for sharing your comments on your recent stay and hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This mandarin Oriental property caters mostly to business travelers so it’s a bit quiet though service is flawless and the rooms very elegant. Location in Brickell means proximity to the business district but far from the beach. At night there’s little to do on a walking distance thus you will need a car or taxi if you want to be where the action is.
I went early Dec for Art Basel and since hotel was 100% full service was less than one would expect at a M.O.

Pros:
• Best concierge in town; Italo and his colleagues are fantastic.
• Ultra comfortable and elegant rooms with high-quality amenities, bedding, etc.
• Best spa in Miami.
• Food is terrific, even room service is great.

Cons:
• Business-like environment.
• Location too isolated from the beaches and South Beach vibe.
• Rooms need an update, technology is dated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Bay.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

When traveling to Miami and avoiding South Beach, there are few locations as nice as the Mandarin on Brickell Key. It is a very comfortable hotel with friendly staff and good amenities. The location provides access to a plethora of restaurants and entertainment close to the hotel as well as to downtown Miami. The hotel's location is conveniently located to Miami International Airport as well as to the port of Miami.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We have stayed in the MO in Miami multiple times and intend to come back. The hotel has a lovely location - with most guest rooms having a view of the Miami skyline - which at night is spectacular. The rooms are very comfortable, clean, good quality, very comfortable beds. The hotel has a private beach, with huge lounge beds.

The service is some of the best I have ever experienced - the staff cannot do enough for you. Lots of examples - including one of the restaurants was being renovated during our visit - the hotel made sure we were aware of this before our stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed at the MO for a bachelor party in Miami. The hotel is nice, but definitely is missing the finer points to be an elite hotel. The service is average and could be considered below average for a 5 star. The shower was leaking water into the room and some of the finishings seemed dated. The pool was great. Overall, we had a good stay, but I would consider trying out other options before returning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review of our hotel and value your feedback.

I sincerely apologize that the overall quality of your stay was disappointing. I regret that we did not provide the level of service we strive to extend to all our guests and I apologize for the inconveniences experienced. I assure you I will address your comments with the team and make immediate improvements.

We do hope you will reconsider and visit us again in the not too distant future.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We recently stayed at the MO Miami for the 2nd time, and I must say it has deteriorated in the interim. We have also stayed at other MO properties in the US and abroad and found them to be, in general, excellent. This property, unfortunately doesn't compare, except in price. Our major issue is with the management and particularly the manager, Jorge Gonzalez. We had an issue upon check-in, where one of our 2 rooms was not available until approximately 6PM. Since we were only there for an extended weekend, this was a significant inconvenience. When I asked the staff to let the manager know what had happened I was told they would, but subsequently never heard from anyone. I followed up the next day and still no response. I subsequently wrote a personal letter to Mr. Gonzalez to which he also did not respond. When I received a survey from MO, I registered my disappointment. I then received a response that stated, "we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us." It made it very obvious that they do not read or consider their customer's input. On the upside the valet parking is probably the best I've encountered, the staff, in general, is very friendly, and the food is good. Unfortunately with management such as Mr. Gonzalez, the upside probably will not last long.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
MOResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Dr. Labiak,

We appreciate your follow up note on TripAdvisor. As we have been in contact via email and phone on a couple of occasions, we do understand your note was probably already written before we were in touch.

Should you wish to further discuss, please contact me through our Executive Office.

Area Vice President

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Miami? Share your experiences!