I am fan of the Mandarin Oriental brand with the Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong perhaps my favorite hotel. The brand excels in luxurious modern design and service. The Miami Mandarin is another very attractive property with all of their subtle Asian influences. It was always going to appeal to me by having a Shanghai Tang boutique on site which I think is now perhaps the only one in the US. We stayed with our child in a 6th floor Deluxe Veranda Room. Again it was a very attractive room with the nice design touch of the bath looking into the sleeping area via a large opening (looks better than the way I describe it...). Beautiful sweeping view of the Bay and Miami city (versus South Beach). Ours was a brief visit to break up a drive down to the Keys so we really only had time to enjoy our room and breakfast the following morning in the their lobby restaurant. If you will spend some time either as a family or romantically I think a view such as we had is well worth the money. Based on my previous Miami experiences within the middle of the nightlife districts, I can see distinct advantages to be being able to restreat the short distance to the island on which the hotel is located with its zen-like soothing atmosphere (a good contrast to the action). Room service and breakfast were both very good as would be expected.
Our visit did however coincide with a run of bad luck for the hotel for a couple of different services... The fire alarm on our floor activated early in the evening due to a technical error, the inroom movie services encountered some issues and a dish was forgotten from a room service order. Quite the number of department managers called us to apologize and it was pretty obvious that they were horrified at the combination of events. Their response to these issues was very satisfactory with various adjustments and I do believe it was an unusual combination of events. Without these factors I am pretty sure I would have given five stars or if the system allowed at perhaps four and a half even with events.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental