“Good post Thanksgiving Mimosas...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Daily Dining / Spa Credit
Ranked #7 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“Good post Thanksgiving Mimosas...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Great location to have mimosas and mojitos...with great appetizers and entrees..
Great service in the sun! (today was a little cloudy) :)
Keep up the great work! Nice way to finish the Thanksgiving digestion.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
emeraldisle,nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have to say our experience was fantastic...from start to finish. The staff very well trained in how to truly take care of the customer. Always addressed by name by staff. We were there for a long weekend. We enjoyed the breakfast in the lobby area, the wonderful barista, lunch poolside and dinner at the bar in Azul. Service excellent.
As for the complaint as to expense we ate at a Bistro on Brickell and the prices were comparable. We enjoyed sitting waterside. Saw rays, manatees, green parrots and iguanas.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Panama city, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Just on the water so a really nice view. I guess for me the service was the part that made the difference. Meeting rooms were open, spacious. Good facilities in the room, modern and the airco worked well.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Cupertino, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

my recent experience which i am sad to say will be the last time i ever stay at this hotel.....

check in problems to over charging and unauthorized charges..

all started during booking...i had a flight time arrival change..which i promptly sent to hotel advising them....got a confirmation back ok..

but then i recent a 2 day before hello email from hotel saying original time for checking and meeting at airport....

i enquire as well as asked about early check in costs and was appalled when they said they could guarantee me early check in if i pay an additional nights fee.....which by the way was 500 per night..how dare they!!!!! i have stay at over a thousand hotels over the years and not once has a hotel ever charged me more than 60 dollars for early check in...espcecially a 3 hour early time...wow

then our room was not cleaned or completely ready when we got there...we went to room and 2 hours after a service lady checking bar supply's did a count of items inside and indicated she was late doing it for what ever reason..guess what.we get charged 50 dollars for stuff we did not take......again how dare they..

then when i get home i check my bank visa statement and they charged my account and not my credit card...plus padded bill with bar charges and a ridiculous fee for service authorization i have never heard of then then tell me to deal with my bank on some stupid return process...

Mandarin i will never stay in your hotels ever again and this is definatelly the last time in miami for sure.....your have ruined my expectations and i have no further dealings with you..

shame on you!!!!!!

to those considering staying at the mandarin in miami...copy everything..double check and get peoples names and only speak to this win charge........

very insulting to say the least..

dan

Room Tip: chose a room tha thaw been cleaned and always check the bar to see if anything is missing when you a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
MOResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Mandarin Oriental, Miami on Trip Advisor. Your constructive comments are very important to us.

I sincerely apologize that the overall quality of your stay was disappointing. I regret that we did not provide the level of service expected and apologize for the deficiencies experienced. I assure you I will address your comments with the team and take corrective measures.

We hope you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to turn around the negative impression left from your visit. Please contact the Executive Office and we will ensure your next visit is seamless and enjoyable.

Jorge Gonzalez
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here however for me I found the location really more suited to a business trip than leisure. Service was excellent apart from a queue to check in which after a long flight one can do without. I found the spa quite disappointing- expensive for what it it. I guess having stayed in other Mandarin Hotels around the world it lacked the wow factor for me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize that the overall quality of your stay was disappointing. I will address the lapses in service you encountered with the front office and Spa staff. I regret that we did not provide the level of service we strive to extend to all our guests and I apologize for the inconvenience experienced. I assure you I will address your comments with the team and make immediate improvements.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Although, we regret that we did not fully meet your expectations on this visit, we value and respect your opinion and hope you will reconsider and visit us again in the not too distant future.

Jorge Gonzalez
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We love the Mandarin Oriental and always try and stay at a Mandarin property when traveling. The Miami Mandarin has become almost our second home when we are in Miami for shopping and summer retreats to the stunning pool or beach. It's located on Brickell Key away from the madness of South Beach and downtown Miami but is still walking distance to the Brickell Village with many dinning options and shops. South Beach is just a 20 min drive over the causeway if you have an itch to shop and walk Lincoln. The view of Key Biscayne is breathtaking. The spa makes the top Five list for me and I have visited spas all around the world, so that says a lot when I say top 5! They are rated as a 5 diamond resort but I would say they've exceeded to a 6 if such a level existed. - Tip - book a package including breakfast!

Room Tip: book a package with Breakfast included
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed here in October 2013 for two nights on business, and I have never experienced such an incredible hotel. It was top notch. The room was amazing, with a view of both the city and bay, and I could even see the hotel's "beach" from my room and a little bit of the pool. The staff were very helpful and professional, and the room service was great too. If I could afford to stay here on my own, I'd visit Miami again just to stay in this hotel. It was awesome. AND, I saw Alicia Keys and family while I was there. Too cool!

Room Tip: Deluxe King room with city and bay view was wonderful!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Miami? Share your experiences!