I went here with my boyfriend in June for a short 3 day trip. We were really excited because we had seen all the pictures on the website and of course Mandarin has a great reputation. They happened to have a cheaper rate that weekend so we decided to book this location.
The GOOD things first -
The hotel is beautiful - the lobby was clean with modern decorations and very sophisticated. The people in the lobby were helpful (although a little too helpful wanting to take your luggage for the tip).
We checked into our room and it was beautiful - the bathroom especially. There was an opening between the room and window that could be closed with a shade. A glass shower, tub and bathroom closet.
The not so good things -
Pool is NOT what is pictured on their website. I was expecting a huge large pool, but it was really small. There weren't that many chairs, and if you didn't get there in time there was no room. Drinks were way overpriced. The private "beach" area they claim to have is just a small man made area of sand (no water to even go into) and some beds / chairs.
Hotel is very far from everything else. Very few restaurants in walking distance and cabs were really expensive to get into the main part of Miami.
Would recommend this hotel for those wanting to just stay at the hotel and only relax there. If you are wanting to experience the rest of Miami, go to the beaches, go out, not the hotel to stay at. We probably spent more money on cabs than food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Tablet Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental