“Wonderful Hotel with Exceptional Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Daily Dining / Spa Credit
Ranked #7 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Hotel with Exceptional Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

What an amazing hotel. My wife and I spent 8 nights here at the beginning of September and loved every minute of our stay. The staff are very attentive, particularly Wayne Marshall who went out of his way to make this vacation one of our best ever. Wayne introduced himself at the beginning of our stay when he popped in to make sure that we were satisfied with the cleanliness of our room. He has a passion for his work and an eye for detail that makes him an exceptional employee. Nothing was too much trouble for Wayne, who even presented us with a framed photograph of the wonderful views of the bay on our last day.

The secluded section of private beach, and the swimming pool are usually quiet and are ideal for anyone who wants a nice relaxing break away from the hustle and bustle of south beach.

My only complaints are the lack of free wifi, and the poor selection of hot food at the temporary lobby breakfast area

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the bay with balcony furniture
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Absolutely outstanding. If you want to feel like a celebrity the atmosphere and service are impeccable. The facility is beautiful and scenery can't be beat. Make use of the concierge for planning dinner! My only complaints are no free wifi... It was about 15 dollars for 24 hours!

• Stayed August 2013
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Mandarin is a magic word in hotels, having been to Hong Kong, New York and Miami. This particular hotel has had the very best management ( I think the GM has been there forever). I believe that would be Mr. Gonzalez.

Beginning with reservations, where they remember you and and communicate, and help with the room you want. This was Ms. Pamela.

It is the people, the staff, that make a great hotel, especially when the physical facilities are the best that money and taste can buy. The hotel is gorgeous, the architecture superb, and they have a garden and separate pool area on the Bay.

The reception is flawless. They are refurbishing the hotel cafe' and the main restaurant, Azul, remains open and is excellent.

The location is convenient, easy route to the airport, and close to South Beach, and in the middle of Brickell, the most interesting all around boulevard in Miami.

Room Tip: For only a few dollars more, ask for the Bay view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Recently stayed at the Mandarin Oriental for three nights in August. The property wasn't too full given the summer months and we got a high floor room with a great view of downtown via AmEx's FHR program. I liked the layout of the room - very open concept with a large cutout in the wall that opened the tub to the bedroom (this cutout also has a retractable shade for non-couples). Shanghai Tang amenities were great quality but unfortunately we had to request a refills of certain things during our stay. The hairdryer was quite good according to my fiance which is normally an issue for her. The shower had some issues draining when we arrived but after mentioning it to the desk, the issue was very quickly resolved. The bed was very comfortable with nice pillows and above average (for the star level) bedding. Ample power outlets but light switches were in odd places.

The property itself is located on Brickell Key which seems to be a love/hate issue for people. I personally loved it. As a tourist, I specifically booked outside of South Beach for the tranquility and that expectation was certainly fulfilled. The pool is a little small given the fact that the artificial beach doesn't have water access but the service is very attentive around the pool with active water service.

While I didn't use it, my fiance's mani/pedi she got at the spa was very high quality with prices to match (not that we were surprised). The attached fitness center was spacious with ample equipment and bottled water. The little running map provided in the room was nice for guests otherwise unfamiliar with the area and was appreciated. The door staff even had water for me upon my return.

Unfortunately the normal on property restaurants were closed for renovations, so breakfast is adjacent to the lobby and piano player. Through the FHR program, we received ample breakfast credits between the two of us. Each day the food was very high quality and the service great. However, upon checkout, we thought that the charges were balanced correctly, but we ended up being charged despite this as I discovered on my statement after checking out. After emailing with the team at the MO, the charges were eventually reversed. The matter was dealt with in a very professional manner and the staff were understanding and not accusatory in any way.

Overall, I can't say enough about the staff. Everyone was responsive, polished, and professional. The valet drivers are quick and they left water for us in the car. There were a few minor issues that were resolved and I really wish I could rate a 4.5 instead of a 4. I'm a Hyatt Platinum and Starwood Gold and this was actually my first stay at any MO. My overall experience has certainly led me to think highly of the brand for future areas without good Hyatt/SPG coverage. Definitely will return when I'm in Miami.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The staff was attentive and pleasant. The room was silent at night- wonderful for sleeping. Drinks outside came with a great view. The spa was well appointed and the massage was excellent. I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: When I booked through AMEX they upgraded me three levels to a fantastic room. If you can, see if yo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Kokomo, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My 1st experience at a lux hotel & It was worth the price!!This was an overnight stay for my 2 granddaughters & my aunt while we were waiting for our cruise vacation. We chose to splurge on a Girls Night Out In Miami & I'm glad we decided on this lux hotel!! The only thing I didn't like was internet services were not free.

Room Tip: The breakfast buffet was delicious but very pricey.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I love the place. Extremely well located with short drives to lots of hot places or business places in Miami and at the same time elegant and quiet. You can also take leisurely walks on paths around the property or walk across the bridge to terrific dining spots on Brickell Ave, probably the prettiest Avenue in the Miami area. Service is terrific and you can tell that the staff has been trained with the Asian concept of excellence in service. The view of the bay from our room was just great, combining the relaxing ocean and the great architecture of contemporary buildings. The cabanas on the (artificial) beach and the spa offer terrific service as well.
Not cheap, but well worth it

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Miami? Share your experiences!