“Another Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
“Another Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Just a quick overnight stay.....on my way back home to Costa Rica......check in was fast, professional, yet very friendly......received a complimentary upgrade to a Dynasty Suite......it was beautiful......comfortable......and much appreciated......room service was quick and the staff were very helpful and wanted to make sure everything was OK......the server in the AM even offered to adjust the TV for me......before I left I booked two rooms for my return in October.....this time for a three night shopping trip......already looking forward to that trip!

Tulemar Dave

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Denver, Colorado, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We sent for days at the Mandarín about a mouth ago. Location is dynamite. Staff very friendly but over twelve years of operation the hotels needs a major remodeling. The room and furniture looks worked and needs maintenance.

Room Tip: Top floor with the view of the building and the water.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MOResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your constructive comments are very important to us.

I am sorry to learn that your stay was not up to the standards we strive to provide to all our guests. We focus on maintaining and updating the guest room furnishings and décor while ensuring total comfort for all of our guests.

The hotel is also undergoing an extensive refurbishment of its restaurants and lobby lounge area which will include a luxury bar that is scheduled to open at the end of the year.

We appreciate your feedback and hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again.

Kind regards,

Jorge Gonzalez
Area Vice President
Birmingham uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Overall this hotel is acceptable as a 5 star. The rooms are very good with all amenities that you would expect with great views. We did not like the bar or lack of bar that was just a seating area within the main entrance area. We also felt that the staff were a little precious especially trying to get a table in the downstairs restaurant and the bar. A little like they were doing you a favour ! Would I go back ? No I would try elsewhere. There is no warmth to this hotel leave it to the business travellers only.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MOResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to learn that your stay was not up to the standards of service we strive to provide to all our guests. I will share your comments with our colleagues and reinforce training, efficiency and attention to detail as we wish for all our guests to have a memorable and enjoyable stay at the hotel.

The hotel is undergoing an extensive refurbishment of its restaurants and lobby lounge area which will include a high end bar that is scheduled to open in mid-November of this year.

We appreciate and respect your comments and hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again.

Jorge Gonzalez
Area Vice President
Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had a weekend break at the Mandarin Oriental Miami - and I really loved. First of all, the location is just perfect - (far) away from the hustle and bustle of South Beach (which I visited and did not like at all ). The island in which the hotel is located offers great jogging/walking opportunities; hotel has great views over the bay area as well over the skycrapers of downtown. I liked the layout of the rooms. I loved laying by the pool area so much that I never even visited the 'beach' they have in the hotel. Service in the pool is good, although a bit slow at times. Food was great in the hotel - especially breakfast was to die for.

In general, the service was top-notch - to give you an example I was warmly greeted by my name when I was escorted to my breakfast table.

There were some hickups too. Perhaps the biggest downside in the hotel is MO bar - of which I've visited several of other Mandarin Oriental hotels in different continents. It lacked the typical 'MO vibe' and actually was a rather dull lounge area in the lobby. The check-in was also a rather odd - I had booked a car with a driver (Mercedes 500) to pick me up from the airport and then take me to Design District (DD). I was hoping to have a quick check in before continuing to DD. Check in was quick but I was a bit astonished when the clerk - after happily welcomed me - told that my room was downgraded - WHAT! Well I accedpted it as I was in a hurry and as he told me that they have a very nice alternative room in a top floor. I think the reason for downgrading (they also reduced the daily price) was that on Sat. evening the hotel (beach and pool area) hosted a wedding ceremony and it might have been quite lound in the room that I had originally booked (room with a large balcony). In fact I'm sure that I enjoyed more the high-floor room as it had fantastic views.

I would definitely return.

BTW: If you like plane watching this is a hotel for you!

Room Tip: High floor rooms definitely.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is bar none: views of the water and city lights is always perfect. Access to an array of menu items and restaurants on location is key. The food very well prepared. Service outstanding, quite possibly the best I have encountered.
It would be a good idea for valets to have umbrellas for patrons coming out of their vehicles in the rain. That is the only minuscule criticism i can make.

Stayed July 2013
Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was such a beautiful hotel! The view of the ocean was spectacular! We had the most incredible room with a large balcony, which was great for reading out in the sun! The only downside is that it is far removed from the strip, but great if you want to stay in the business district! The service was excellent, the food was AMAZING, and the views were incredible!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights last week, and I have to say that it exceeded my high expectations! The customer service was always available and very helpful. Service at Cafe Sambal and the Azul was excellent and first-class. It happened to be my birthday one of the nights while I was dining in the Azul and the waiter gave me a birthday card signed by the staff of the kitchen wishing me a happy birthday. It was great, they were extremely friendly and professional. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, it's first class.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Miami? Share your experiences!