I had a weekend break at the Mandarin Oriental Miami - and I really loved. First of all, the location is just perfect - (far) away from the hustle and bustle of South Beach (which I visited and did not like at all ). The island in which the hotel is located offers great jogging/walking opportunities; hotel has great views over the bay area as well over the skycrapers of downtown. I liked the layout of the rooms. I loved laying by the pool area so much that I never even visited the 'beach' they have in the hotel. Service in the pool is good, although a bit slow at times. Food was great in the hotel - especially breakfast was to die for.
In general, the service was top-notch - to give you an example I was warmly greeted by my name when I was escorted to my breakfast table.
There were some hickups too. Perhaps the biggest downside in the hotel is MO bar - of which I've visited several of other Mandarin Oriental hotels in different continents. It lacked the typical 'MO vibe' and actually was a rather dull lounge area in the lobby. The check-in was also a rather odd - I had booked a car with a driver (Mercedes 500) to pick me up from the airport and then take me to Design District (DD). I was hoping to have a quick check in before continuing to DD. Check in was quick but I was a bit astonished when the clerk - after happily welcomed me - told that my room was downgraded - WHAT! Well I accedpted it as I was in a hurry and as he told me that they have a very nice alternative room in a top floor. I think the reason for downgrading (they also reduced the daily price) was that on Sat. evening the hotel (beach and pool area) hosted a wedding ceremony and it might have been quite lound in the room that I had originally booked (room with a large balcony). In fact I'm sure that I enjoyed more the high-floor room as it had fantastic views.
I would definitely return.
BTW: If you like plane watching this is a hotel for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Tablet Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental