I stayed at the hotel recently for 3 nights. The Hotel location was a disappointment. Although you have a nice view over Biscayne Bay, I would have preferred to be on South Beach which was a $25 cab ride each way. The hotel is not really up to the usual Mandarin Oriental standard. Having stayed at Mandarin Oriental properties in Asia, this one looks dated. The rooms are nothing special. Very little asian influence and very bland. The bathrooms are a good size and well equipped, but again, nothing special. I guess I have high expectations of Mandarin Oriental and have never been disappointed (up until now). On the plus side, the concierge, and Giselle are worth a mention. She was fantastic in assisting with restaurant reservations and an excellent choice of bars/clubs etc. The pool at the Hotel is also a good size, but again, looks dated. The private beach is really not much bigger then a sand-pit and not at all what I expected! Would I stay here again, well....you know what, probably not. I bet there are other properties in Miami for a similar price but of a much higher standard and in a much better location. I guess to sum up, the hotel was average and more worthy of a Sheraton, but not a typical Mandarin Oriental.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tablet Hotels, Expedia, Mandarin Oriental, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental