“Absolutely 5 star all around” 5 of 5 stars

Daily Dining / Spa Credit
Ranked #6 of 112 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Absolutely 5 star all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was attending a business meeting for a couple of days. I arrived a few hours early and had the evening before our meetings started in the hotel. From the minute of arrival to checking in the service is unquestionably superb. My room was not quite ready so the front desk clerk said she would have the bags taken to my room whe it was ready. She suggested I go to the pool and enjoy a complimentary beverage while I waited. It wasn't long and I went to my room. The view off the balcony is breathtaking. The room was incredible. There was a welcome with my name on the TV Screen. The bed was the most comfortable and the bath sheets so thick. The turn down service is special. The staff is so accommdating and no request is an inconvenience. The meeting rooms were also set up with comfort in mind. There are so many superior qualities and service when staying here. I even picked up some of the incense they have burning in the lobby. Very relaxing and 5 star all around. We will be back for a leisure stay next time. Way to go and thanks for the experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I and our poodle stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in Miami in Feb. 2013. My husband had been delayed in his work and we had to be out of our rental in Miami, so his company arranged a stay at The Mandarin. What a complete delight from the moment we arrived. The welcoming staff and efficient management insured a smooth transition for us. Our room was immaculate, had a wonderful view overlooking the water, a huge king sized bed, beautiful spacious bathroom with great amenities, delicious room service and the friendliest and most helpful staff. The hotel provided everything that we required, including the use of the gym, pool/beach area, the fabulous spa was a great way to enjoy some much needed pampering one afternoon. The helpful staff guided me to a great walk around the area of the hotel for my dog. The area itself, Brickell Key, was quiet and had very good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Pet friendly too!
The balcony off our room was small, but I still enjoyed standing outside and taking in the spectacular view. It was a great experience to stay at this hotel and would not hesitate to recommend it. I look forward to another few days at The Mandarin on my next trip to Miami.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor with a view of the water.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Located on Brickell Key, this hotel is a complete contrast to the hustle and bustle of Miami beach, a true find.
We arrived at the hotel to find that our room wasn't ready but they immediately upgraded us for 1 night to the Biscayne Suite which was on the 9th floor with uninterrupted views of the key... Simply stunning! We enjoyed it while it lasted and hoped we could remain in this room but this was not the case as the Spanish football squad arrived the following day and this was apparently one of their booked room. We had breakfast daily in Cafe Sambal which was excellent especially the daily smoothies. Diane at the restaurant offered us the best smile and service every time she waited on us and Andrew in the concierge Office was extremely helpful in suggesting attractions we should visit. Apart from the slightly cheeky manner in which the manager spoke to us on the one occasion we met, we thorough enjoyed our stay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was our second stay at this property. My wife enjoys this hotel very much. Rooms are nice and well appointed. Staff is very friendly and caring. I do have small issues with the rooms as they're carpeted and the terraces/balconies are very small (when compared to other similar hotels in the area such as the Epic or the Viceroy). The AC works like a dream, not intrusive at all. TV signal is great! I think the best of all the hotels we have been in Miami (although who goes to Miami to watch TV? however this is a very big plus) Location-wise, I enjoy more the convenience of the downtown area than the beach so this one is spot-on, a bit isolated as it's located on Brickell key, which is a good 10min walk to anything else, but it has its advantages as you're isolated from the hustle and bustle of downtown attractions such as Mary Brickell Village or the Bay Side mall yet a stone's throw away from these sites. In my opinion, the food is not that great and prices are very steep. The pool area is small but pleasant and they have an annexed "beach" attached to the hotel for those interested in sunbathing. Another plus is that there's no nor there will be any construction going on nearby the premises, unlike the JW Marriott Marquis, which has not one but two new construction sites next to the hotel. Would I return to this hotel? certainly, if I can get a good deal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here for 2 nights on a business trip. The rooms and amenities were perfect and made me feel right at home. The staff was courteous and friendly and the food was delicious. I don't have anything negative to say about my stay here. I can't wait to return in the future!

• Stayed July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wonderful hotel, friendly helpful staff!~ This is a fantastic hotel for couples or families or alone. The rooms are large, the area beautiful and service is the best!~I will stay here again. I have already stayed four different times.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This will be my third consecutive year having booked multiple rooms for my big group of friends, and let me tell you, each year my Ultra weekend experience far surpasses that of any of my friends who stayed in South Beach. The MO is one mile walking distaance from Bayfront Park (Downtown Miami, where Ultara is held). It is close, but you do not feel like you are downtown. The MO is on an island, and on Brickell Key you truly feel like you are in luxury. The hotel is very nice and luxurious, from the second you enter the lobby. Each room has a balcony. We have never had any problems with the service, and the service down by the pool and makeshift beach is exceptional. Included breakfast buffet with hot plates and omlette station. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Miami? Share your experiences!