“thanks my parents loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Complimentary 3rd Night
Ranked #9 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Las Vegas, Nevada
“thanks my parents loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

my parents just spent there aniversary there for a few nites and you guys treated them like royalty.they cant stop raving how wouderful everything was from the room to the spa that my mom has now booked her birthday there in august. thanks you really took great care off them

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Mississauga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

AMAZING stay in May at the Mandarin Oriental. We arrived VERY early in the morning and while our room was not ready the Front desk immediately offered us a complimentary breakfast which was EXQUISITE and was really what we needed after being up before dawn. From the moment we checked in it was the attention to detail in everything that stood out.

The room itself was EXACTLY as advertised and the view of downtown and the ocean was amazing. We used the balcony every day. The private beach on the property was wonderful. If you are looking for noise and hustle and bustle then you probably want to stay somewhere right in south beach but if you want somewhere close to anything you may want to do including great bars and restaurants and somewhere to get away from it all yet be in the thick of things when you choose to this is the place for you.

The spa was excellent and the restaurants in the hotel were also excellent but you have quick and easy access to all areas of Miami if you want to explore.

Thank you so much to everyone for delivering exactly what we wanted with all of the extras that we did not expect but were thrilled to find.

Room Tip: We stayed in an executive with city and ocean view. It was a slightly larger room with a great balc...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Limassol, Limassol, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights during May, Nice hotel very friendly staff !!! Clean large rooms, great food at the pool bar with excellent service and very reasonable prices for miami. Very nice food and service at cafe sambal where we had dinner on 2 nights! Every night room service would knock on our door to see whether we needed anything and to leave us 2 bottles of cold water which was complimentary and a very nice gesture! Great stay!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

In Miami on business and this was my first stay at the property. Location is great for the views it offers but not an easy walk to restaurants etc. So think twice before a stroll in the heat. Taxi may be best bet. Check in was smooth as staff extremely pleasant from taking car through instructions to elevator. Room was spacious, well appointed and clean. And again, the view was superb. Very relaxing. I actually hated I didn't get to stay in more during visit. Slept like a baby and did not want to get up the next morning. Only disappointment, no coffee in room and found the bedside radio on the cheap side and difficult to operate. Breakfast was excellent. Ordered off menu and everything from preparation to service, perfect (but be careful when signing check as tips are already included and neither staff at restaurant or bar mentioned this). Will definitely be making this place my destination of choice when in Miami!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This will be a very candid review from start to finish.
I came from Atlanta to celebrate my birthday at the Mandarin Oriental. Upon check-in my room was not ready but that was not really an issue for me. I was offered a complimentary beverage while I waited but decided to visit Bayside instead for lunch and left my bag at the front desk. The front desk staff was absolutely amazing. The lobby is large and beautiful with the smell of heaven in the air.
About my room: on the 15th floor overlooking the bay and the City its beautiful in the daytime and spectacular at night. The arrangement of the room is elegant and artistic. The bed was not comfortable for me as it was extremely firm, the pillows and comforters carried a sweaty smell of old feathers, there was hair in my shower that did not belong to me and I was the only guest. Only because I am a critic I noticed it because it did blend into the marble tile. The tub is deep and comfortable for one person, height of the toilet both are accurately positioned lol I prefer aerodynamic toilets that are low and comfortable such as this one TMI. Overall I give the room a 3 even though it's really beautiful the firm bed and smelly pillows and comforter took away from it.
The spa:
You can make a car payment with the amount that you spend in the spa but oh my goodness it is worth it. Talk about service, quality, knowledge and variety. Estephania at the front desk of the spa is absolutely in the right position. Cheryl was my massage therapist and I say kudos to her. It's rare that you find a therapist that you don't have to say anything to so my body and spirit absolutely appreciated her on my birthday. The cleanliness of the spa is exceptional and I thoroughly enjoyed the sauna and the shower experience. I rate them at 5.
Cafe Sambal:
Speechless. The food, the service the love... the plating of the food, the hostess, the servers, the sushi bar, the kitchen staff... its too much to talk about so this 5 will sum it up. I'm not sure though why they have such an elaborate breakfast buffet because it does appear that a lot of it goes to waste. A 20/30 percent scale down will minimized waste and still offer a variety. its not just food in there its cuisine. kudos to Chef Robert and Chef Doug, to Stephanie, Ynell, Xoxoxo. To the pastry chef, thank you for making me cry and the person behind the wok I say yummy!
The pool and sand area:
the pool is small but quaint, so is the jacuzzi. I loved the hammocks and the sand area. Found it extremely relaxing and I spent many hours just enjoying the day there with the beautiful iguanas. the service in both areas by Enrique were appreciated.
The M bar:
Not what I expected. You can do so much better with that beautiful open space. It's more of a lounge area than anything but the service was great and watching the HEAT in the lounge / M bar was a nice treat. Truly, with a name like the M bar you really need to step it up a notch or two. Maybe I was just expecting more. Rated a 2 but 4 for service by staff.
Thank you to the staff that always opened the door for me. Thank you to bellhop, valet and all staff that work outside in the heat of Miami. This was absolutely a beautiful experience and your hospitality was greatly appreciated and truly memorable.

• Stayed June 2013
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Mandarin Oriental in Miami is located on Brickell Key Island - a very exclusive area east of downtown. This property lives up to the Mandarin Oriental phenomenal reputation! The decor, atmosphere, suites and service is impecable and the view from your balcony - breathtaking!!
Azul is there signature restaurant - and is literally one the finest dinning experiences in all of Miami and South Beach. The only negative and reason for not giving the Mandarin five stars is its Spa .... in much need of renovating and enlarging.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Estero, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband & I frequently visit Miami and like to try out a different hotel every time. Mandarin Oriental has long been our list, but we've avoided it due to the often $500-$700/night rate. However, we saw a $350/night rate recently and decided to take advantage. It was worth every penny!

If you want to be in downtown Miami, you will love the location. It's just a couple blocks from all the best downtown restaurants, but you get the peace and quiet of being located across a small bridge on Brickell Key. If you want to visit South Beach, it's a short 15-minute drive.

The hotel was beautiful at every turn, but I expected that.

It was the flawless service that really exceeded my expectations. The staff goes above and beyond. A perfect example was the night my husband and I were sitting at M-Bar having drinks. We were debating ordering late night room service once we got back to our room, but were hesitant because we have a habit of doing that and then falling asleep before it arrives. Our server, Eric, suggested that he print a copy of the room service menu for us and he could pre-order it for us while we continued to enjoy our cocktails so that our room service would be waiting for us as soon as we got to our room. We loved the suggestion and the night worked out beautifully thanks to Eric. The staff anticipated and took care of our every need.

The only downside of the hotel that I could see is that the pool is rather small, but there were plenty of seats around it on the weekend we were there so that didn't even bother us.

I'm still not sure I would pay $600+/night, but anything less really is worth it for what you get in return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Miami? Share your experiences!