My husband & I frequently visit Miami and like to try out a different hotel every time. Mandarin Oriental has long been our list, but we've avoided it due to the often $500-$700/night rate. However, we saw a $350/night rate recently and decided to take advantage. It was worth every penny!
If you want to be in downtown Miami, you will love the location. It's just a couple blocks from all the best downtown restaurants, but you get the peace and quiet of being located across a small bridge on Brickell Key. If you want to visit South Beach, it's a short 15-minute drive.
The hotel was beautiful at every turn, but I expected that.
It was the flawless service that really exceeded my expectations. The staff goes above and beyond. A perfect example was the night my husband and I were sitting at M-Bar having drinks. We were debating ordering late night room service once we got back to our room, but were hesitant because we have a habit of doing that and then falling asleep before it arrives. Our server, Eric, suggested that he print a copy of the room service menu for us and he could pre-order it for us while we continued to enjoy our cocktails so that our room service would be waiting for us as soon as we got to our room. We loved the suggestion and the night worked out beautifully thanks to Eric. The staff anticipated and took care of our every need.
The only downside of the hotel that I could see is that the pool is rather small, but there were plenty of seats around it on the weekend we were there so that didn't even bother us.
I'm still not sure I would pay $600+/night, but anything less really is worth it for what you get in return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental