My friend and I had a room booked at the Mandarin Oriental. I arrived at midnight after a 25 flight from the other side of the world. The hotel was booked with my friends credit card who was arriving a day later.
The hotel had been sent my name and check-in details by my friend in advance.
I provided my passport but when I couldn't produce my friends credit card, they turned me away.
The check-in staff Sebastian was one of the rudest and obnoxious people I have ever met in a luxury hotel.
I nearly ended up sleeping on the street. By the grace of God another guest at the hotel saw what was going on. This Good Samaritan paid for a room using his credit card until the next day when my friend arrived.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental