I reserved this hotel for my 21 year old daughter with a credit card 6 weeks prior to her visit. I was assured that no money would be deducted from my account at the reservation. I read online that a one night stay would be deducted. The personel at the hotel, said no, that never happens. Well, the deduction did occur. My disappointment with the personel's understanding of their own policies continued on. I received warm welcome emails, and payment emails and confirmation emails. When I called on the day of travel to pay in advance for her 3 night stay. I was told that this should have occurred 48 hours in advance to pay via a credit card, and now I should purchase an e-gift card off of their site. No where does it state this! Not on the emails, not on the website. When I did purchase the e gift card for payment, and asked how to transform that payment into something to present at the hotel, they suggested calling another company, because they do not directly handle this. In addition, they would not accept my credit card for the unstated, (but "travelers know this") $200.00 per night fee for incidentals. Having traveled in many countries and most states, I have never experienced such a disconnect between e-mails, websites and company personel. They do not understand what they are doing! It may be a language problem, or it may be a lack of employee training. No one needs this kind of confusion during what is supposed to be a "warm welcome." It felt more like a shake down with bad attitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tablet Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Mandarin Oriental, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental