“The place to stay in Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Complimentary 3rd Night
Ranked #8 of 130 hotels in Miami
UK
“The place to stay in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very impressed with this property.The very best location surrounded by water, enhanced by top notch comfort and great service.The chains asian heritage is the bedrock of the service culture.
Many hotel staff say the right words but lack passion and conviction.Not so here.A genuine willingness to help and to say"yes" to your requests if they possibly can.
Will certainly return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

1,094 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

everything about this hotel is top notch! but the view is the best thing! oriental mandarin raises the bar for luxury on all levels! the white sand beach is not only peaceful, it also has one of the best views in the city! we dined here on business, and the food was outstanding.

Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Here's a hotel that offers a serene experience amid the bustle of downtown Miami. The rooms are beautifully appointed and the service is impeccable. If you have the time, book a treat at the spa. It's a treat.

Venice, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I often stay at the Mandarin Oriental in Miami for business. I've always enjoyed the impeccable service, comfortable rooms, serene location and the restaurant but felt compelled to finally write a review after my most recent stay to recognize some extraordinary service - I accidentally left things in the safe including my passport which I needed for another trip just 3 days later. Not only did they quickly retrieve my items but fed-exed them to me ensuring I did not need to cancel/postpone my important trip at no cost to me. I will definitely be back my next time in Miami.

Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel is in a great location on Brickell Key, just across a short bridge from downtown Miami. The staff were all courteous and helpful. The room and the bath area were large and well designed, and it was wonderful to have a balcony with a door you could open for fresh air and even sit on to enjoy the view. The the view is beautiful (not another wall of windows across the street or rooftops or such, as is too often the situation in high-rise hotels). Also the cafe in the hotel is wonderful. We had great sushi, great she-crab soup, and a great chocolate hazelnut dessert. All on a pleasant outdoor deck overlooking the bay. We are big coffee drinkers, so we requested an in-room coffee maker. They brought it along with some terrific ground coffee, much better than the usual pre-packaged coffee. This is not a brand new hotel, but it is beautiful inside, very well kept, orchids everywhere, elegant atmosphere, just a very pleasant place. There is also a small beach which we didn't have time to try, but it looked very inviting. I would definitely stay here again.

Wilmington, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Sad to say that I was super excited to stay the night at the Mandarin Oriental the night before our cruise but it was such a disappointment. The staff at the front desk were not helpful at all or flexible....the room was ok..nice view of the city....the pool area was pleasant but the food and beverages were totally overpriced!!! And the best part was we lost power in the hotel!
I booked thru AMEX fine hotels and I think they need to get this one off their list!!
Sorry to say that I wont be visiting this hotel again!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
MOResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Mandarin Oriental, Miami on Trip Advisor. Your constructive comments are very important to us.

I sincerely apologize that the overall quality of your stay was disappointing. I will address the lapses in service you encountered with the front office staff. I regret that we did not provide the level of service we strive to extend to all our guests and I apologize for the inconvenience experienced. I assure you I will address your comments with the team and make immediate improvements.

The power outage experienced during your stay was unfortunately out of our control as it affected the entire area and was an issue that impacted the island which was repaired by the local power company as quickly as possible. I regret the interruption in service this created.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Although, we regret that we did not fully meet your expectations on this visit, we value and respect your opinion and hope you will reconsider and visit us again in the not too distant future.

Jorge Gonzalez
Fairfield CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed at this property almost 2 years ago and I was underwhelmed. The review is my profile. I was invited back by the manager and this time they got it right. My husband and I were flying in from Barbados after a long travel day. We had a ton of luggage from a photo shoot and the concierge arranged for a driver with an Escalade to pick us up from MIA. It was seamless. We arrived, handed over the luggage to the bell man to send off to another address via Fed Ex the next morning, which was also incredibly easy and trouble free. We checked in, found our executive suite to be pretty and very comfortable, and ordered a fantastic dinner of sushi. It was quite heavenly to take a nice shower with great hot water pressure, slip into a fresh robe and get into a very comfortable bed after a long day of boat rides and 2 flights. The next day I decided to spend an extra day relaxing, and went to the spa and had an amazing thai type compress massage. I enjoyed the beach and food. Some friends met me for dinner at the hotel ( Azul ) which was lively and fish excellent. We'll be staying here again when we're next in Miami.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Miami? Share your experiences!