A 7 day break with my wife and not knowing the city stuck to a first class hotel brand.
The room we booked looked just a tad tired. Little details like a cheap plastic toilet pan lid surprised me and a couple of other minor points such as a wonky mini bar door.
I understand these are trivial but they are so simple to rectify. A 2 minute repair job. Our external terrace was, frankly, dirty, especially the dividing screen between each room.
Another issue is the lack of a bar of note. The M bar is within the hotel lobby and is poor. Not a bar per se but drinks brought to you from the restaurant into the Hotel lobby.
On a positive note, the staff were excellent and the girls by the pool side couldn't have been more helpful, (Raquel, for example).
All in all a reasonable experience but MO, you need to give the rooms a metaphorical lick of paint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Mandarin Oriental, Travelocity, Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental