Took our family of 5 here from the UK for a 3 night break. Yes, the hotel is probably worthy of 5 stars - the service is excellent, the rooms are very good, the food is recommended, the view from the hotel over the mall bay is magnificent. Howeve, it's just lacking a certain something......CHARACTER! Visually, the hotel is very bland, it's in quite an isolated spot (great for business, however there's very little to do in the direct vicinity of the hotel for a family), and dare I say the excellent service was all delivered without much warmth and sincerity compared to other MO hotels I've stayed in. Downsides? Small things really: the breakfast is overpriced, as is the $15/day Internet fee. Also, we asked the concierge to recommended a good hamburger restaurant for 3 hungry UK kids - and after a $25 taxi ride he had pointed us to a real cheap, takeaway, 'eat on trays' restaurant. Would a Mandarin guest really want that?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental