I have been a regular visitor of this hotel for the last 5 years, but no longer. Not sure what has gone wrong, but this property does not live up to the Mandarin Oriental standard. From the moment we entered on our most recent visit service was sorely lacking and very much sub-par.
Negatives: The hotel has been overrun by black crows, which like to bathe in the Mandarin pool in the afternoon. Spa service was generally unfriendly and lacking professionalism (aside from one male staff member), very mediocre massage, no privacy in changing area by cleaning staff, definitely not worth the cost of service or what you expect when visiting an ESPA spa. No help with bags to/from room/at check out. Change in clientele, lots of screaming children.
Positives: All pool staff, all breakfast staff. Food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Mandarin Oriental, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental