“My favourite hotel in the world” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary 3rd Night
Ranked #8 of 130 hotels in Miami
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“My favourite hotel in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at some brilliant hotels but this was easily my favourite to date. The staff were excellent, service was second to none and the facilities were fabulous especially the beach and pool area.

I really hope to get to return to this hotel sometime soon. It is in an excellent location and very close to Mary Brickell Village which has some excellent restaurants and bars.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

1,099 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We all know the reputation of the Mandarin Oriental and the impeccable service they offer. The Mandarin Oriental in Miami takes it one step further. I stay here approximately once a month at most. Every time I am there they know me by name at the pool. Mehai, the Pool and Beverage Manager leads his staff at the newly renovated pool. They pay attention to every detail and every need. We should all live this good every day. This, by far, is one of my favorite properties in the United States. The only complaint I have is getting back to reality after I leave! Oh, and they need a lobby bar. But hey, the service is so amazing you never have to look far to get a tasty, chilled Litchi Martini! In Miami, this is THE place to stay if you want comfort and world-class service without a Spring Break over-indulging atmosphere. It's all perfect; the pool, restaurants, service, and WOW...the spa. They know how to do it right....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Homestead, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

What started out as just a simple weekend getaway to see a show turned into a luxurious romantic event and a total mind blower. What a staff what a facility and what a restaurant. Azul is a must with great food and excellent portions (must try the risotto appetizer).
And I must also say that the Spa which was an after thought made the weekend. We had a couples massage and it was incredible.
We will be back for the Spa md Azul and for our next anniversary we have become "Fans"

• Stayed November 2012
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was a long weekend away from work, kids and day to day life and it was an excellent visit. The room was spacious and had everything we needed. I spent endless hours on the balcony relaxing, reading and napping. The views day and night are amazing. The pool, pool bar, food we all also very clean, nice and relaxing. A day in the spa set me free. Would love to go back it was a memorable relaxing venue.

Room Tip: Our room looked over the bay with amazing views
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Mandarin Oriental Miami was nothing short of amazing. The staff was unbelievably attentive, the pool/beach were wonderful and the spa top notch. The only negative I can think of is that there was no wireless Internet service included in the rooms, you had to pay for it. I would think that with the money spent at such a high end hotel, something like this would be included. All in all, I would return without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in the Dynasty Suite which is a corner room. We use the Amex Centurion benefits which was a great deal. The décor and room was excellent finding everything you need. The nice chocolate truffles were nice. As always with the MO chain, we were walked to our room once we checked in. This area is a nice quiet location on a man-made island. The restaurant downstairs, Café Sambal, was awesome with great sushi. We ate there twice and enjoyed every meal. What I like about the MO chain is that everywhere you go it feels like a tranquil spa which is very relaxing. Everything met our expectations; except:

The only hiccup was our check out for an early morning flight. We spoke to the front desk about having breakfast prepared at 0500 hrs and they said no prob just fill out the order sheet. Well this was planned into our timing of leaving the hotel. At 5am I get a call saying that breakfast doesn’t start until 6am. So now I’m fuming because don’t make promises that you can’t keep. A huge pet peeve of mine! So they tried to accommodate me with a make shift breakfast that came as I was walking out the door. Needless to say that I couldn’t really eat anything at that time due to my flight. Arrhh…

Besides that…I am still giving it 5 Stars. Also check out the MO in Las Vegas if you get a chance….A newer great hotel.

Room Tip: Get the Amex Centurion!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I had two nights here. Immaculate and stylish. Very well designed bedroom and bathroom giving you all you could possibly need for a good night's sleep. A more sophisticated vibe than my earlier stay at the Ritz Carlton, Key Biscayne, but then it is an urban hotel as opposed to a beach resort. Calm but striking public spaces and a general feeling of well-being and restrained style.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Miami? Share your experiences!