This hotel was lovely and a nice break from the swarming bustle of Miami. The rooms were well appointed and clean. There were a few things that were off-putting though. First, there was a blind that was meant as a privacy screen between the tub and the room. The screen was short about an inch so we had to pile up towels for our length of stay for privacy, we mentioned it to staff who said they would send someone up but either they didn't show or couldn't fix it but either way, it was not addressed so the towels were there the whole time. This wasn't a big deal but it wasn't nothing either since my entire family loves a bubbly tub. Second, the thing that makes it desirable (being cut off) also makes seeing the rest of Miami very pricey as a car is needed everywhere, everywhere charges for parking and nothing is easily within walking distance. Third, and I don't know if this is a Mimi thing or particular to this hotel but they were very grabby about money, almost on the verge of seeming beggarly which was just icky. To get to our room the desk person walked us up = tip, the bellmen (2) then brought us up and gave a tour (2 tips) and every little thing in between felt like a tip was expected which meant we called as little as possible. Also, EVERY luxury in the room seemed to come attached to an exorbitant price-tag, so much so that we didn't dare touch the chocolates which may or may not have been complimentary because I was afraid of getting a $50 bill for them LOL. The vibe was just way too grabby. I suppose one could write this off as a luxury hotel thing but we spend a great deal of time in upscale places everywhere for business and pleasure, NYC being a fav spot, and never before was I so uneasy and I didn't like the choice of feeling of being either cheap or ripped off. I guess this place is fine for people with hundreds dripping out of their pockets unnoticed but for families and normal people, well I'd skip it next time around, the vibe was just 'off'. Beds could have been a little bigger too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include two high-energy restaurants, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, Otel, Mandarin Oriental and Venere so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental