“Always a great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“Always a great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

The view from the room is spectacular. The staff is extremely helpful. We were even given a bottle of water while we waited for our car! The lobby is beautifully decorated and it is very romantic to walk on the side of the hotel by the Intercoastal waterway at night. If you get tired from the stroll you can sit on one of the benches overlooking the lights of Key Biscayne. We will continue to visit this wonderful hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversaries or just a quick vacation from our busy everyday life.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Santos, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We spent 4 days at MOMIA in May 2008 but I haven't posted any review yet...As my stay there was 3 years ago, I don't know if they still keep the same excellence as before, but I'm posting my review based on my stay because I believe they are still the same; afterall, it's the Mandarin...

Let's start by the room, spacious with very comfortable beds and a large bathroom in beautiful decoration. But the highlight was the view, WHAT A VIEW!!! You must go there and see by yourself. Although not spending much time in the room, I've liked it very much...

I think the hotel is more for business men, near Miami Downtown and Financial area but far from the beach and South Beach nightlife. Of course this is no problem if you have a car. If you don't have it just rent one and everything will run good. For those who don't like to drive it's better stay in a hotel in South Beach near Lincoln Road.

On the other hand, because of the beach distance the hotel has a private beach with sunbeds and butler service with complimentary iced water, nice touch!! The pool area is small and too close from the building so you can't get sunbath all day long. Depending on what time you are there, you may be the only one or there may be no chairs for you. You better go to the private beach, much better to stay at the sun. The hotel also offers a 24h fitness center with complimentary water and fruits

Breakfast at Cafe Sambal is very good and you should have it outside just appreciating the fantastic views. You also have the famous Azul restaurant if you wish to have a romantic dinner or just good food. The hotel also has the M-Bar for a drink anytime. Hotel also has one of the most famous SPAs (it's a 5 star SPA) but I haven't experienced it so I can't tell about it.

I can say that we were treated like royalty by everyone, specially by the Valet guys (I think it's because I was driving a Murcielago) and I've enjoyed my stay very much...I will come back for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Biscayne Bay views, preference in a high floor
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Newtownards, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Hotel is a taxi ride from South Beach but if you're looking a great place to unwind its hard to beat. Best Spa i've ever been to. Pool is maybe too small over busy periods.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

The service Out of this world. Im going back in a few months!!!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a 3 night stay. All of the staff were very welcoming and friendly and the concierge was very ready to advise on trips for our family to do and good places to eat. Mary Brickell Centre is very close by and is good fun for all. The hotel is situated on the canal and our room overlooked the water so we could stand on the balcony and look out at the boats which was fun. The beach is a short taxi ride away. The buffet breakfasts were delicious and had lots of choice to suit every taste. We spent 2 afternoons in the pool and it was very clean and well looked after.
I was most impressed with the staff over one particular incident. On our last night, when we were checking the room over, I discovered that I had lost over $600. I was convinced that I had put it in the safe on our arrival but it simply was not there. I was very upset to lose so much money. We searched the room and then called the security manager who promised to look into it for me. The following morning, after we had checked out, we received a phone call to say that the envelope containing the money had been found; it was tucked up against the side of the safe and was difficult to see due to the fact that the envelope was the same colour as the safe wall. After we had left, an enterprising chap called Troy, had searched our room again and discovered it on his second search of the safe. How fantastic to find such honest staff! To be honest, after this happened, I don't think I would stay anywhere else in Miami. We do go a lot as we have a house in Orlando and will be staying there on future trips. Well done, Mandarin Oriental!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I´ve been probably 5 times here and I love this Hotel in Miami. You were really treated with honor and friendly. The rooms are huge, the bathroom is full equipped, both sides of the floor have good viewes from the sea or canal. The restaurant is of very good quality. As it is located in something like a small iland you don´t get as much of the crowd of downtown. A small bridge connects you to the Brickel Avenue.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011 via mobile

In march I surprised my girlfriend with a trip to Miami to pop the question. We were greeted by every employee in the lobby upon arrival and the checkin was very fast and easy. I had planned to propose shortly after arrival and asked the front desk to send up champagne at 8 pm. At exactly that time it arrived chilled with glasses and complimentary chocolate and strawberries.

We ate at both restaurants that weekend and both were wonderful although pricey. Azul was delicious upscale dining and very quiet. That night I was disappointed to find that the hotel didn't have a single cigar cutter to be found. The next day we had a message from the concierge and a new cutter was brought to our room and we were told it was on the house because of the inconvenience.

The pool area is small but very nice and staff are very attentive.

Mary bricked village is a nice walk away and has some very nice shops and lunch spots. The only thing that could have been better was the price. It is an expensive hotel all around but if you have the means it is worth it. We've already decided that Miami and the MO will be our 1st anniversary trip. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed March 2011

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Miami? Share your experiences!