“Great Location, Good Value, Two Thumbs Up” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   298 SW 15th Street, Miami, FL 33129 (Coral Way)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #74 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Cape Cod, MA
“Great Location, Good Value, Two Thumbs Up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

We stayed here for one night in January of 2010. After much research in an attempt to find a decent and reasonable place to stay the night before a cruise, we could not be any happier with our decision to stay here!!!

This hotel is clean, staff is responsive and helpful. The rooms are clean and spacious plus the kitchen is stocked with pots, pans, dishes, silverware, etc. It's close enough to everything without getting hosed by the cost.

$84.00 for a Sunday night stay
$22.00 taxi ride from the airport
$21.00 taxi ride to south beach
$12.00 taxi ride to the port of mimai
Walgreen and a Publix within a 3 minute walk.
In addition, we ate an amazing lunch and breakfast at the Baklava Factory, which was about a five minute walk from the hotel. Our total bill for both meals (for two) was $28.00.

Would recommend this hotel for any pre-cruisers out there.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

We just needed a decent place to stay the night before we left for a cruise. I picked this location primarily because of price, proximity to the port, availability of transportation to the port, and the nearby Walgreens and Publix.

We flew into FLL, and had prearranged transportation from the airport to the hotel in Miami, the driver had a little difficulty finding the hotel, and I’d say if it was 5 blocks more in another direction, the area would be a little scary, but where it is was okay. We were 3 women traveling together and felt safe enough walking across the street after dark to pick up some last minute items from Walgreens.

We checked into our room, on the 3rd floor. Don’t expect a view; it’s not too far off of the major highway (95 I think). There was a full size fridge, a sink and a microwave. The bathroom was average size for a budget hotel, 2 double beds, a dresser w/ tv a small desk w/ 2 chairs and another comfortable chair to sit in. The room really was decent in size, but the furnishings are low key at best. I should mention here, if you need internet, its 5 dollars per day. There was also a coffee maker w/ coffee available, some dishes, an ironing board and iron. Since our room faced the highway, I did hear some noise when the air conditioning was not running, but since it was running most of the time I really didn’t notice the noise as a problem.

One of the primary reasons I had chosen this hotel was they offered a shuttle to the port, which when we asked about it at check in, the clerk was polite enough to tell us taking a taxi would actually be a little cheaper. The taxi ride is a set amount of 21 I believe, and that was for a van, and the shuttle offered by the hotel was 10 per person.

We also asked for a recommendation for nearby pizza that was good, and the clerk had several offers, and we went with her 1st recommendation of Mama Caruso’s, and it was great!

If you are looking for a well priced pre-cruise stay, or an economy place to stay for a few days, I’d recommend this location. There is no view, no pool, and nothing really nearby that would be an attraction to walk to, so this location is not for you if you want any of that. The staff was great, and I will probably stay here again before our next cruise.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

The service at the front desk was efficient and pleasant. No hassle check-in. We had to pay for the entire stay at check-in, but they make you aware of that beforehand on-line. The room was very clean, no orders, ac worked like it should, TV worked, lights no problem, bathroom was spotless, toilet had a loud flush, but it worked, the shower worked properly (water got hot when it should). I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The price I paid was $74.99 per night and I think I got way more for the price I paid.

The location was great for me, I was staying there because I was going to the Miami/Broward Carnival, which was 5 Min away. It was right off of the I95 (about 2 min way). I didn’t take advantage of all the amenities: Kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, stovetop, Workspace with computer data port, Free local phone calls, Personalized voice mail, Iron and full size ironing board, On site guest laundry, Dining and cooking utensils provided, Wireless Internet - onetime fee of $4.99 per stay, Transportation available to port – Additional Fee, Pet Friendly. The parking is free, which was an added plus.

The only things I didn’t like was how loud the toilet (when flushed) and the door (when closed) were. Can’t complain about the view since, this was to be expected because of the area. The area wasn’t desirable but it wasn’t unsafe either.

I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

This hotel is across the street from a Walgreen's and a Publix. It is 10 minutes walking to the free Metromover to Downtown and the Omni area. Vizcaya Museum is not too far away, also. The front desk personnel are extremely helpful and friendly. We had a fabulous time there.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Sarasota, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2008

We went on a cruise from the Port of Miami and wanted a hotel that was close to the Port. This property is excellant for the value. They allow you to leave your vehicle with no charge. Which is wonderful due to the Port charges $20 per day. The hotel staff is very nice. The only negative aspect is this particular property recommends a shuttle service that will take you to the port for $10 per person, but the shuttle service fails to tell you they can't to round trip service until you have returned from your vacation. If the service had told us that up front then we would not have had to wait 45 minutes to get a cab. I suggest that you call a cab. The price for the cab is a little more, but you won't have to wait when you return for a ride back to your vehicle.

• Liked — Rooms very nice for value
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
ankara
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2008

we stayed on 2 th and 4 th in this hotel. Everybody believe me , if you choose this hotel, you will live bad times in miami.

The first Everything , there is not any map in this hotel. You will find this hotel adresses very difficult.
We opened my room door and we had a bad smell because there is a big trush in this room. I think so , there was a few days in this room. I said preceptions personal but they did not anything about four hours. I said again her and she came our room and take it.

if you want to good holiday in miami , you must not stay here...

Note: trip advisor must do drop its

Stayed February 2008
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2007

Went on a cruise end of February 2007 and it was in a decent location for leaving from the port (no, it is not directly across the street!), we rented a car, but they did have transportation going to the port for a fee. There is a Walgreens and a Publix nearby (within walking distance) to pick up anything that you may need for the kitchenette. It was what we expected for $100/night. The hotel was clean, staff was friendly and it was in a fairly safe area. One downfall - there isn't anywhere nearby to go out to eat, unless you have a car to go downtown or to South Beach. Regardless, we were pleased with our stay.

• Liked — Location to port
  • Disliked — No restaurants within walking distance
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami? Share your experiences!