You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   298 SW 15th Street, Miami, FL 33129 (Coral Way)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #70 of 112 Hotels in Miami
“Frightening stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great location, across from a Walgreens. That's about it. The rest: cops, weed smokers, and what apparently was a drug dealing situation outside the parking lot. Scary. The staff is really there just to cash a check...they could care-less about what is going on or the safety of their guests. I really don't know if this is an actual hotel or a public housing site.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wow, talk about poor property maintenance and up keep. This place looks like a motel in the worst of neighborhoods. Look at the attached photos. This is the motel's unkept property. The sidewalks are unpassable and graffiti everywhere. Makes you wonder if you are safe to go out at night. I did not feel comfortable walking around outside after I saw how unkept the place is. Does anyone from Management or staff ever walk their property. It is unacceptable how they neglect the exterior and walking areas around the hotel. Imagine what else they are neglecting. Homeless and trash all around.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I been staying for more than two years at this hotel and it feels like my 2 home .All the staff are great starting from the manager Oscar but my favorite employee is Adrian .None of the 5 stars hotel would have treat me as they treat me at this hotel . The location is great .there is restuarants with walking distance . ALSO publix right across the street

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to read that you enjoyed our convenient location. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed the friendly service provided by our staff. Thank you again for your positive review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2015

Fridge: broken
air conditioner: broken
toilet: broken
management/staff: unhelpful
stove: broken

we had to practically fight the housekeeping to get clean towels and dishrags, even after we had to use ours to mop up the dirty water from the leaking toilet!

old, musty, rundown - avoid if you can!!

Room Tip: no good rooms
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the level of customer service you received and for maintenance issues in your room. In response to your comments, I will meet with the staff to review our cleaning procedures and maintenance policies to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, mis@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future!
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2015

We were looking for a location near downtown since I have not seen this part of Miami before. This hotel was decent for a few nights stay. They were gonna charge for parking :/ but since I was a guest of the week those fees were waived. (Really?) Across the street from a Walgreens, and the breakfast was subpar. We did have a kitchenette.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
I recently received a copy of your review of our property. Please accept our apologies that we did not exceed your expectations. Still, I am glad to read that our location was convenient for your needs and that you were pleased with your accommodations. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Grand Cayman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

I had to be in Miami for surgery and, as I live in the Caribbean, I had to spend nearly three weeks in a hotel before and afterwards. We chose this place as it seemed to offer what we needed - cooking facilities, free wifi, a walk to amenities and a clean hotel experience. There was also an issue with a couple of things going on in Miami which narrowed our options and this chain had been recommended.

I was aware of the rules - no cleaning except once a week, go to the front desk for clean linens and pay for laundry. The first thing that was a problem was when I tried to get something printed from my computer. I went to the front desk and was advised that only the manager could print and that he was there only during the day. I was handed a card with his email address for print requests and told to send my documents there. I was also told that it would be 25 cents a page. Further, the scanner was broken...this was a problem as I needed to get some work done.

The room was too small for the two of us and you can't get a one bedroom. The kitchen amenities had to be ordered and brought up - they were very spartan, needless to say and the coffee machine didn't work (they brought us another one). The quality of the dishes was very poor and we only got two of everything. The utensils looked like they had been cut out of a piece of tin. No sharp knife, no corkscrew, no soup spoons. A few times, we went to exchange linens and were told to come back in an hour as they didn't have any. The linens were of poor quality to the point that my husband suggested that he go buy some towels for me.

The wifi was not terribly good but, of course, you could buy 2 MB speed for extra. Really? 2 MB? I don't know what I was getting for free but it was a problem streaming shows or movies so be prepared for that.

I didn't remember reading that parking was extra but it was - it was based on how long you were planning to stay and we paid $8 a day.

It was only a couple of blocks to the Walgreens and the Publix and about a 10 minute walk to Mary Brickell Village. We also found a nice Italian restaurant about three blocks away, so it was good for that.

My husband decided while I was having the surgery that he would locate another place for us to stay and he did (the Homewood Suites). It wasn't near any amenities but he got my prescriptions and loaded the place up with food and drinks before he left so I didn't need anything and I did my daily walking in the parking lot.

We won't stay here again - or in any ESA hotel. The staff seemed nice but sad (like they didn't want to be there) and didn't seem to enjoy telling us all the rules but they were enforced to the letter (someone came in about an hour hour early and the front desk woman told them that there were no early check ins. Period (she did offer to store their luggage until the check in time). I've been told in the past sometimes that my room wasn't ready and I accept the check in time but I've never been denied early check in when the room was ready).

The place was clean but threadbare and, by the time I added up all the costs, our new spot cost about the same, is a one bedroom and I will finish my recovery in pleasant surroundings. Oh, and the weekly cleaning? It didn't show up when we were told - they were a day late.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. To uphold our company’s high standards, we will continue to strive to provide each guest with a clean and comfortable room with great customer service. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, mis@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

have stayed here twice. both times while attending the Miami Boat Show (Feb each year). the cost is great in comparison to other locations near the show. places less expensive are _really_ bad. room clean, kitchen functional (though you now need to ask for cooking utensils), 2/3rd a block for a Publix for food shopping. staff is nice. cat friendly! WARNING - traffic is miserable bad in Miami and has taken me an hour to drive three miles from the boat show to motel on the city roads (evening).

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to read that you enjoyed our convenient location. I'm also happy to hear that our staff provided you with friendly service. We are thrilled that we were able to accommodate your needs with a comfortable stay at a great value. Thank you again for your positive review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami? Share your experiences!