“THE ONLY GOOD THING IS THE LOCATION UNLESS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR CHEAP” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami

You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   298 SW 15th Street, Miami, FL 33129 (Coral Way)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #70 of 112 Hotels in Miami
Grand Cayman
“THE ONLY GOOD THING IS THE LOCATION UNLESS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR CHEAP”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I had to be in Miami for surgery and, as I live in the Caribbean, I had to spend nearly three weeks in a hotel before and afterwards. We chose this place as it seemed to offer what we needed - cooking facilities, free wifi, a walk to amenities and a clean hotel experience. There was also an issue with a couple of things going on in Miami which narrowed our options and this chain had been recommended.

I was aware of the rules - no cleaning except once a week, go to the front desk for clean linens and pay for laundry. The first thing that was a problem was when I tried to get something printed from my computer. I went to the front desk and was advised that only the manager could print and that he was there only during the day. I was handed a card with his email address for print requests and told to send my documents there. I was also told that it would be 25 cents a page. Further, the scanner was broken...this was a problem as I needed to get some work done.

The room was too small for the two of us and you can't get a one bedroom. The kitchen amenities had to be ordered and brought up - they were very spartan, needless to say and the coffee machine didn't work (they brought us another one). The quality of the dishes was very poor and we only got two of everything. The utensils looked like they had been cut out of a piece of tin. No sharp knife, no corkscrew, no soup spoons. A few times, we went to exchange linens and were told to come back in an hour as they didn't have any. The linens were of poor quality to the point that my husband suggested that he go buy some towels for me.

The wifi was not terribly good but, of course, you could buy 2 MB speed for extra. Really? 2 MB? I don't know what I was getting for free but it was a problem streaming shows or movies so be prepared for that.

I didn't remember reading that parking was extra but it was - it was based on how long you were planning to stay and we paid $8 a day.

It was only a couple of blocks to the Walgreens and the Publix and about a 10 minute walk to Mary Brickell Village. We also found a nice Italian restaurant about three blocks away, so it was good for that.

My husband decided while I was having the surgery that he would locate another place for us to stay and he did (the Homewood Suites). It wasn't near any amenities but he got my prescriptions and loaded the place up with food and drinks before he left so I didn't need anything and I did my daily walking in the parking lot.

We won't stay here again - or in any ESA hotel. The staff seemed nice but sad (like they didn't want to be there) and didn't seem to enjoy telling us all the rules but they were enforced to the letter (someone came in about an hour hour early and the front desk woman told them that there were no early check ins. Period (she did offer to store their luggage until the check in time). I've been told in the past sometimes that my room wasn't ready and I accept the check in time but I've never been denied early check in when the room was ready).

The place was clean but threadbare and, by the time I added up all the costs, our new spot cost about the same, is a one bedroom and I will finish my recovery in pleasant surroundings. Oh, and the weekly cleaning? It didn't show up when we were told - they were a day late.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

have stayed here twice. both times while attending the Miami Boat Show (Feb each year). the cost is great in comparison to other locations near the show. places less expensive are _really_ bad. room clean, kitchen functional (though you now need to ask for cooking utensils), 2/3rd a block for a Publix for food shopping. staff is nice. cat friendly! WARNING - traffic is miserable bad in Miami and has taken me an hour to drive three miles from the boat show to motel on the city roads (evening).

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights. The location is good for the business district, which is about 15mins walk. South Beach is about 20mins in a cab (c$25 fare), not sure about Downtown. The hotel is ok but very basic. In the rooms there is a small kitchenette but you have to order or take your own utensils. There's no coffee making facilities & breakfast is on a desk in the lobby, which consists of muffins, breakfast bars & fruit. For what I needed it was ok, but wouldn't choose to stay here again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2015

We fly the 27 of january and stay till the 3 feb 2 weeks. The rooms was very nice. Minets to walk to walgreens and also publix. Easy to be with the train and go the places you need to go 10 min walking to the train stacion is fantastic. A hotel like this and with a small kichen was the bomb. Planing to come back. And i will recomended to my friends to stay there. Only one thing it was better to clean to room every they instead 1's a week.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Miami Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015

Run! Don't even consider this place. There was white crud all over the room "chair," the bathroom mirror had toothpaste splatter, the pillow cases were dirty, and there was hair in the bed. In other words the room was not cleaned and hotel staff were willing to sell the room as a clean room. My mother and I were horrified. The person at the front desk apologized and cancelled our reservation, I recieved a full refund.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015

Great location and very convenient to the pharmacy, Publix grocery, gas station, major highways and restaurants.
Hotel is clean and staff were very nice and friendly. Good managers as well. Fully equipped kitchen in the room which is very convenient for families to cook.
Thank you for making our 7 nights stay home away from home for our family.

Stayed January 2015
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

If you need a hotel that offers free hot breakfast and shuttles like Hampton Inn or similar, you won't be happy with this hotel, but if you just need a clean, quiet modern hotel with nice staff, easy access to shops and restaurants at a third of the price of the nearby Hampton Inn or other hotels (at least this time through hotwire) then Extended Stay America at Brickell in Miami is perfect. Also if you have a reason to stay in Miami for an extended period for work or because someone is in a hospital or care center that you are with, this is a good place. They have some shuttles to those places. You'd have to verify with the hotel.

This hotel is very clean and comfortable for our 2 night stay for 2 adults. it doesn't offer the extra amenities that other hotels offer but for the low price we paid it was perfect. We found the room to be clean and comfortable. There was a small kitchen in the room if we wanted to prepare food. The bed was comfortable and the tv and stations were perfect for what we wanted. It had free Wi-Fi. The included breakfast was simple but we knew that going in and met our needs.

The hotel was across the street from a new Walgreens, a couple of blocks away from the Brickell Metro Rail station so we just took it from the airport. Mary Brickell shops were close as well for nice places to eat, a starbucks, street vendors, bus stops.

I would suggest you have your own car or if you are going on foot like we did and use public transit, you have your own maps or smart phone so you get where you want to go because they don't have them readily available at the hotel lobby. The staff did help us with walking directions from Google. We found a great pizzeria a couple of minutes walk from the hotel. this was a real treat, the atmosphere was nice and food and service were great.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami? Share your experiences!