“Good staff but uncomfortable bed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami

You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   298 SW 15th Street, Miami, FL 33129 (Coral Way)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #84 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good staff but uncomfortable bed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

1. Staff is very helpful.
2. Beds are super hard, uncomfortable, tough. I was sleep deprived due to the ill comfort of the bed.
3. Two wake up calls went missing.
4. Breakfast items run out in intervals.
5. Some rooms let external light in even with curtain closed.
6. Free wifi is very slow, they seem to be marketing faster and pricier options.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

While Miami is quite possible the most unpleasant city on the planet, this hotel more than made up for it. One of the staff members in particular — a young man named Adrian — was extremely helpful and pleasant. He gave us great restaurant advise and even made a point of suggesting reasonably priced places frequented by locals.

I would definitely recommend this affordable hotel to any traveler.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Long Island City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Miami traffic is a nightmare and parking is at a premium and expensive. I wanted a clean, budget friendly, well localized hotel where parking would be easy and I would not have to pay an exorbitant amount for it. I also wanted to be close to Downtown Miami, Brickell Ave. and close to I-95. This hotel met all of my qualifications.

My family and I used the hotel for a weekend only. What this hotel lacks in luxury, it made up in convenience, location, and the facility of parking. We walked to Brickell Ave restaurants and clubs. Within walking distance, there is an Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria just west of the hotel. For breakfast, we made a quick ride to calle ocho for cuban cafe con leche and pan cubano. A Walgreens and Publix is across the street from the hotel.

The hotel is popular with patients receiving treatment at the nearby hospital centers. We also observed hotel guests who were at the hotel long term while their houses were being renovated or repaired following a fire or water loss. The hotel is clean, safe, and there is a laundry room. The front desk help, was polite and professional. I would like to commend Adrian for being so accommodating and professional.

I had emailed the hotel manager twice about an issue in room 209, but I never heard from management. I felt that a little more housekeeping was needed in the area behind the top mattresses. If not for that, my rating would have been good. Free working wi-fi was a plus!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I have stayed multiple times at this hotel. There is nothing to complain about; close to the city, close to public transportation, close to many major consulates or embassies from all over the world. Very convenient, you can walk to the 24/7 Walgreen or to the bank. The staffs are friendlies , don't even ask you for a credit card, just ID of course. I recommend this hotel to families/ business traveler. You can walk for a few minutes then hop on the ORANGE LINE TO MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of Downtown Miami, which is basically in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to read that you enjoyed our convenient location. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoy the friendly service provided by the staff. We are so proud to know that you would recommend our hotel to families and business travelers. Thank you again for your positive review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Upon checking in I notice the toilet didn't have a seat on it. I told the front desk about it she said they ordered one and it would be in on Monday. Too tired from traveling to be bothered I went to home depot and bought and installed one myself!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described with the toilet seat is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will make sure to have our rooms thoroughly inspected by our maintenance staff to make sure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at MIS@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Parras de la Fuente, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This hotel is for more than a week, but I found out the day after my first night. They clean the room one time a week. I understand why the room has a smell of soy sauce. Imagine a Chinese restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize that your room had an odor, and that our housekeeping policy did not meet your expectations. To prevent this from happening again, my team is working to review our cleanliness and inspection standards to counteract odors. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at MIS@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Customer service not great when certain people were working. Staff ill informed. You will get six different answers from six different staff of the same question. Rooms were clean and cozy. Breakfast was pathetic. It was a snack of granola bars and muffins. Overall if you can get a discounted priced room its a good deal- I wouldn't pay full price to stay here.

Room Tip: There is only 1 bed in the room unless you want to pay an upgrade fee for a second one.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad to know that you were satisfied with the cleanliness and comfort of your room; however, please accept our apologies that our front staff provided you with conflicting information. I will be meeting with my entire staff to review our policies and procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I regret to read that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback on this issue will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our breakfast selection. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future."

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami? Share your experiences!