“No toilet seat! Really?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   298 SW 15th Street, Miami, FL 33129 (Coral Way)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #73 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“No toilet seat! Really?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Upon checking in I notice the toilet didn't have a seat on it. I told the front desk about it she said they ordered one and it would be in on Monday. Too tired from traveling to be bothered I went to home depot and bought and installed one myself!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described with the toilet seat is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will make sure to have our rooms thoroughly inspected by our maintenance staff to make sure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at MIS@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Parras de la Fuente, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This hotel is for more than a week, but I found out the day after my first night. They clean the room one time a week. I understand why the room has a smell of soy sauce. Imagine a Chinese restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize that your room had an odor, and that our housekeeping policy did not meet your expectations. To prevent this from happening again, my team is working to review our cleanliness and inspection standards to counteract odors. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at MIS@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Customer service not great when certain people were working. Staff ill informed. You will get six different answers from six different staff of the same question. Rooms were clean and cozy. Breakfast was pathetic. It was a snack of granola bars and muffins. Overall if you can get a discounted priced room its a good deal- I wouldn't pay full price to stay here.

Room Tip: There is only 1 bed in the room unless you want to pay an upgrade fee for a second one.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad to know that you were satisfied with the cleanliness and comfort of your room; however, please accept our apologies that our front staff provided you with conflicting information. I will be meeting with my entire staff to review our policies and procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I regret to read that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback on this issue will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our breakfast selection. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future."
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I had a short one day stay because I was going on a cruise the next day. The hotel was conveniently located, close to restaurants and bars. The next day it took the taxi driver 10 minutes to the port.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your kind review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the location of the hotel and that it was of such convenience to you. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review, and we hope you enjoyed your cruise. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I normally like extended stay america hotels having stayed at them in Atlanta, however this location disappointed both my boyfriend and I. The "grab and go breakfast is a poor excuse without any variety. So for those who are lactose intolerant or allergic to caffeine don't waste your time. Don't expect much service, the attendants would rather you just leave them alone. Other than that the rooms were clean and the facility well kept. Close to Walgreen and Publix. In the heart of downtown Miami.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
"Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed to read that you received such poor service from my staff. As this hotel's manager, I will be meeting with my entire team to review customer service standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I regret to read that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your needs. Your feedback on this issue will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our breakfast selection. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me directly, at mis@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed here for two nights at the end of my Florida trip. Brickell seemed like a fairly safe area. There was a Walmart across the road, and a Publix supermarket behind that which were both handy for supplies if staying a while. I didn't really use the kitchen apart from the fridge for drinks. Check-in was quick and easy and check-out was pretty much automatic after a charge went through on my credit card. I can't really comment on the breakfast as I only grabbed a breakfast bar on my last morning as I was leaving. As there is a supermarket close by, its easy enough to sort yourself if the free breakfast isn't sufficient, but a nice touch.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that the location of our hotel and the amenities we provide were of such convenience to you and that the service provided by our staff was to your satisfaction. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Oranjestad, Aruba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed here in January 2014 with my brother for almost 2 weeks. When we got there we waited for a room because we arrived early from the Airport. Everyone who ever worked at the Front Desk was amazing. Very friendly and helped a lot. Room was really clean, nice and spacious. You can help yourself with breakfast in the lobby which was really nice. I got surgery at Bascom Palmer on my 3rd day in Miami. The driver was this really nice lady. She drove amazingly. I suggest you ask for her and not the bald guy he drives like a maniac. Drove way to fast and that was the day after my surgery i was scared & my brother was like its ok will be there soon. He knew I didn't like the way he drove. WiFi is super fast. You have Walgreens on the other side of the road and Publix right behind it. We went Downtown everyday and its so close too. You can walk to Brickell Metro Mover Station step in and go around. Its really practical. We really enjoyed our stay there because even though there is a highway really close its so quit all around the room. I'm definitely staying here when I go Again to Miami & will look to stay in one of their hotels anywhere I go in The States.

They have free shuttle service to Bascom Palmer which is a huge relief. They start at 8AM and stop at 3PM.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so pleased to read that you received such excellent service from my staff and that our location was so convenient for you. Still, I am very sorry for the service you received from one of our shuttle drivers. I will be meeting with them to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami? Share your experiences!