“Decent renovated facility but terrible staff attitude” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   298 SW 15th Street, Miami, FL 33129 (Coral Way)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #66 of 131 hotels in Miami
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
“Decent renovated facility but terrible staff attitude”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The facility was in a perfect location. Parking is $12/day with in and out privileges. Right at the so it hern tip of downtown area. Will need a car to get around the area though. The facilities are well renovated. However, the first room I was assigned, everything seemed clean except the bed. There were many unwashed stains and even diffuse body hair on the bed. I figured switching to a new room would solve the problem, but my bad experience came ultimatelt from the attitude of the overnight staff member. They immediately argued with me that the rooms are always cleaned and that the heating system works even when prompted for her to check them out. Also very unwilling to help find a resolution. This would be a great facility for its price if the staff member could improve on their customer service skills.

• Stayed December 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. Your comments in regards to the location and the recent renovation of our hotel are much appreciated. I was disheartened to read that you had a bad experience with the first room you were assigned and that our front desk staff didn't handle this issue in the proper way. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are reinforcing our problem resolution procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

This is a delayed review, but since I'm rebooking at this location, it seems only fair to say why.

It is an easy hotel to find, and the staff made me feel welcome on arrival. I was an hour early for check-in but they had a room available and simply made it happen. The room was not overly special, nor did I anticipate it to be, but it was everything I hoped for and more. The AC was doing its job for comfort, and the bed offered a very relaxing night of sleep. Once you're asleep it doesn't matter if the carpet is frayed or the sink hardware is a tiny bit loose. The place would just fine for "an extended stay" (what a concept, huh).

I stayed here in between two cruises, and the laundry room was one of the reasons for booking here. All was in good working order. The kitchenette was just right for my simple needs. Nearby drug store (safe walking distance) had all my cruise replenishments.

Front desk staff called a quality taxi service for my trip back to the port next day. The entire experience was easy, and that's pretty much all I needed it to be.

Yep, it's easy to recommend this location. Thanks, Extended Stay Brickell.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with with our hotel and the service provided. We know how exhausting travelling can be, so we are very happy that we could provide you with a comfortable place to stay.

Sicklerville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I were looking for an affordable, clean and convenient place to stay a night before our cruise. The hotel was nothing extra fancy but it was clean, quiet and at a great location. The room was a decent size and more than enough space for us two. We were close to the hub of the city and very walkable (Publix and Walgreens were across the street). This is a good place for a quick stay over. I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Elise - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your room and the location of our hotel. We know how exhausting travelling can be, which is why we focus on providing a clean, comfortable environment, at a great price, for our guests to enjoy.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This was my second stay there. Very nice hotel, clean, great location. Room was very clean, with a small but very good kitchen. Close to metromover, metrorail and trolleys. Walgreens and publix across the street. Staff is very helpful. Certainly a place to return to.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about your room and our hotel's location. I'm thrilled that you have chosen to stay at our hotel multiple times and would do so again in the future. The staff and I truly enjoyed having your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Made the reservation thru Hotwire. Was a little difficult to find, but check-in was a breeze and staff was friendly and helpful. The room looked like it was recently remodeled, and was quite pleasant, with a recliner to watch TV! Kitchen was simple, but adequate for my needs. The grab and go breakfast consisted of muffins, granola bars, fruit, and packages of oatmeal, along with coffee and tea. I picked the hotel primarily because I needed:
1. a hotel downtown close to Key Biscayne (2 minutes away from the bridge)
2. One that I could cook dinner, as I was on a tight budget
3. a hotel that served breakfast
4. a hotel that did not charge an arm and leg for parking (parking was actually free)
The hotel met all of my needs- there is a Walgreens across the street and a Publix behind that. Since parking in these lots is awful, it was great to walk across the street to shop.
The one thing I wish it had was a place to work out, but I did see a jogging trail not far from the hotel.

Room Tip: A little close to the highway, but did not have a problem with noise. (I was on the far end of the b...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our hotel. I truly appreciate your kind comments regarding our hotel's location and amenities we offered. We have recently renovated our hotel and have added the grab-and-go breakfast, which is why it is so rewarding to read that this has made a difference for you. As well, I am glad that you truly enjoyed your room, especially the kitchen.

Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

As this has a kitchen facility and for $99 it is value for money provided they have proper house keeping ( they only provide only once a week not good) also there is some sought of pungent odor in alleyways

Room Tip: First & second floor are good but not above
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rajesh - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed having a kitchen your room; however, I apologize that there was an odor in the hallway and our cleaning services did not meet your expectations. Please know, we provide one (1) complimentary housekeeping service for stays of 8 or more days; you may also purchase additional housekeeping services for a small fee. To make sure our guests better understand this policy, I am reviewing the messages we need to communicate to our guest so that they are aware of what we offer. As well, our maintenance staff is working to eliminate the odor immediately.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at MIS@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future."
Henderson, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Booked through Hotels.COM, and used tripadvisor as a guide for hotels that would be pretty good to stay at. Check-in girl was very dry, borderline rude, parking is $15-20 a day. That's a JOKE!! The grab-n-go breakfast is a JOKE!! It's in a fairly decent spot. We spent a lot of time at Bayside getting ready for a cruise. The neighborhood doesn't look so great. The grounds actually look nice, but the bed, again, is a JOKE!! We stayed in Maimi a couple of days before our cruise and a couple of days after our cruise, and definitely enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt House near the airport a TON more. Free parking, big room, quiet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lee - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the service you received. Please know, I am coaching our staff on how to better attend to our guests needs moving forward. As well, I am sorry that our amenities did not meet your expectations. We continually work to improve our offerings, so we will keep your feedback in mind as we do so.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami? Share your experiences!