“Perfect Budget Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami
Ranked #76 of 130 Hotels in Miami
Ventnor City, New Jersey
“Perfect Budget Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This review is long over due. My boyfriend and I stayed here in March during Miami Music Week for Ultra Music Festival. For a budget hotel, it was perfect and just what we were looking for. The kitchen and fridge couldn't have been a better amenity. we were within walking distance of free public transportation that took us right into downtown Miami. The walgreens across the street was perfect too for all the little last minute items. The bedroom, kitchen and bathroom were all perfect size. You obviously have to do your own dishes and take out your own trash, but you get what you pay for and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget, or going to Ultra. The hotel was packed with other music fans so that was great and we made lots of friends. The women on staff during the day were slightly rude, unwilling to help or even speak to you really. However, the night staff was great specifically a young man named Chris at the front desk. Most definitely ask for him if you need anything. He was so nice we gave him our left over beer that we couldn't take on the plane when we left and told them to have a staff party :) Our only complaint, other than the surly day time staff (maybe it was a language barrier) was that on our first night, just as we were getting to sleep around 5 or 6 am, we heard the worst possible high pitched noise for at least a half hour. I think it was the pipes or someone above us was showering? Also smoke detector flashes a green light right above the bed when you are trying to sleep. I didn't care, but it definitely bothered my boyfriend. And no pool is strange for a florida hotel. Nevertheless, we had an excellent stay and would definitely return. Thanks again Chris for the hospitality !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hi Kate,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know about the noise disturbances you experienced. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a great service and we contributed to make your visit to the Ultra Music Festival an enjoyable experience. I have shared your comments with our staff (and with Chris) and we will take your feedback to continue improving our service and amenities. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Swampscott, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We wanted a hotel that provided kitchen and self-services laundry facilites and Extended Stay America provides both. They also provide a free breakfast and coffee.
This is a basic hotel with clean comfortable beds and spacious rooms. You will have to request
daily room service if you want your room cleaned daily.
This hotel is on a bus line that is across the street from its back entry. There is a Walgreens, a bank,and a Publix suppermarket within short walking distance.
Since we usually stay in Miami for more than a week when we visit family, we consider this hotal to be perfect for our needs.

Room Tip: No restaurant or pool. We were never bothered by noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our new grab-and-go breakfast as well as our onsite laundry facilities. Also, it is great that you found our in-room kitchens to be convenient and the area where our hotel is located was close to other establishments you wanted to visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I would recommend this stay for anyone!!! not the fanciest of all. but clean honest value. the staff I encountered were absolute professionals.. morning and evening shift. there's a Walgreens within rock throwing distance. and a Publix grocery store near. They did not attempt to rob us for parking.. in the city such as Miami that is very unusual..

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We really appreciate your feedback. We were very glad to read that you enjoyed our service and accommodations. As well, I am pleased that you liked our location, close to grocery stores and other establishments in the area.

Thank you once again for staying with us and for sharing your experience; it would be our pleasure to be at your service next time you visit Miami.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We've stayed in several of these before, as noted here on TA, and this one has been terrific. The staff have been extremely friendly and kind. The room is clean and because it's on a high floor - it's bright and cheerful. I totally disagree with the traveller who said it's ok but not for a long stay. It's more than ok and it's designed for a long stay. Rooms are cleaned weekly unless you ask for them to be cleaned more often (for a small fee) so that's not a fault, it's a feature! We're working on an intense project that means leaving at 7am and returning at about 10.30 - so the closeness of a Publix that closes at 11pm, and a 24 hour Walgreens that has fresh food, the five minute walk to the Metromover, the free downtown transportation system in Miami, which whisks us into town in a matter of minutes, the 10 minute walk to Mary Brickell Village with its shops, restaurants and vibrant nightlife, all in all it is the perfect solution. If we want to eat out there are numerous cheap restaurants in the neighborhood and TCBY and Gelato too!!

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor (ask for non-smoking) and if you want a king and they don't have one, take...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our hotel. Our entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I truly appreciate your comments about our rooms and the area. We are firmly committed to your satisfaction and we are proud to offer amenities suited to every traveler's needs, along with a prime location that offers many options to help make your stay even better.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and for being a loyal customer of Extended Stay Hotels. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
PTY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Rooms are big and beds are comfortable. they were clean, and have a kitchenette. no amenities. nobody cleaned my room in my 2 days that i stayed! i arrived late at night and had to ring a bell, yet service was prompt.
not much other than walgreens close by... and a wrong turn and you might end up in the wrong side of town. it is hard to find if you are driving, and it is not that close to the port of miami!
overall, ok for one night or two...and there is no breakfast! some coffee and muffins, and that is it!

Room Tip: try to get one away from the main street
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I apologize our housekeeping services were not explained to your satisfaction. Extended Stay Hotels provides housekeeping services once a week for guests who stay eight nights or more. For guests staying less than a week who desire additional housekeeping services, we offer the opportunity to purchase additional services for a fee. In addition we offer complimentary exchange service at the front desk upon request for linens and towels. We will take your comments and coach our team to provide better communication of our services in the future. Still, we are glad to know that we were able to make your stay comfortable.

Thank you again for posting your review, we will take your feedback about our complimentary grab-and-go breakfast to continue improving our services. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Buenos Aires
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at room 609, starting on June 13 till June 22. I have stayed at this hotel at least on two occasions before. They have made improvements (for example, they updated all TV sets, so now all are LED almost brand-new). However, the next updating should be the rooms and bathroom, which are beginning to show signs of wear. Bed was comfortable and the bedding seemed quite new. Towels were fine.
All the staff I met was very courteous and helpful. For example, the first night I checked in, due to a delay, I arrived in the early hours of the morning. I had had no meal, and the lady doing the night shift, without even myself asking her, offered some free muffins, bars and pure water. These are the details that you do not forget when travelling.
The location of the hotel is excellent (within walking distance to a Publix and Walgreen stores) and, though a bit farther away, the metromover, which you can board for free and get to downtown Miami.
Parking is ample and free.
Free wi fi Internet connection is quite good. Air conditioning is very good, yet if you have as light sleep you’ll have to switch it off.
The only issues I would point out for them to correct are these:
I stayed for 9 nights and the room was not serviced (if you stay 8 or more nights you are entitled to one full room service).
They have to pay more attention to some cleaning details: for example, there was dust and rice grains underneath the microwave. Other than this, room and bathroom were in a clean condition, and so the corridors and other common places.
The certificate of inspection of the elevator expired in 2012. Though this is quite a common trait in many Miami buildings, it should not happen.
If you are not driving, the hotel has a shuttle to the airport. I did not use it but I think it is free.
IN short, taking into account the above considerations (the good ones and those that need to be corrected) I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize that our housekeeping services were not to your satisfaction. Although Extended Stay Hotels provides housekeeping services based on a guest’s length of stay, we offer the opportunity to purchase full housekeeping or refresh services for a fee as well as complimentary exchange service at the front desk for items such as towels, bed linens, and soap. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to make your stay comfortable with our service and the improvements we have made. As for the elevators, please know they have been inspected and approved by the City of Miami and are certified to be safe and operational. At this time, we are just awaiting the certificate to arrive so we can post it for our guests to see.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us, we will make sure to use your feedback to coach our staff. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Plantation, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I normally stay in a vacation rental when I come to Miami for a rental, so I wasn't sure what to expect at first. The staff were very friendly and helpful up front. The room itself was nice, granted not as big as I'd expected. The grocery store was within walking distance of the motel, so I was able to get stuff right away that I'd need over the week I was there. There are also several restaurants within walking distance, mostly in the Mary Brickell Village (shopping center). The free metromover was a couple of blocks away, which made getting to my conference (which was across the street from the Brickell station) very convenient. Admittedly, I have been spoiled in the past with having more privacy in the rental, but I will more than likely be staying at this Extended Stay instead for my future visits.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Angela - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments about our staff and the area. I was very pleased to read that we were a good alternative to the vacation rental you usually stay at. We are proud to offer quality accommodations that can make you feel at home, such as the ability to cook your own meals.

Thank you again for posting your review, we are looking forward to hosting you back in the future should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami? Share your experiences!