“Good option, but little expensive” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   298 SW 15th Street, Miami, FL 33129 (Coral Way)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #74 of 130 hotels in Miami
Carolina, Puerto Rico
“Good option, but little expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

It was a good stay overall. One thing I needed was an oven. I understand that it's expensive to have one in every room, but you could have one available for the entire facility.

I also would like more options for breakfast, because the price was a little expensive for not having breakfast and not doing house keeping every day.

Room Tip: Don't choose (or ask for a room change if) your room is from the ground floor, because you could...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours. We recently implemented a new Grab and Go Breakfast including fresh fruits, coffee and other delicious items. We are also finding alternatives for an oven in the hotel. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. We will continue to listen to guests like you to continue to improve out hotels.

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Extended Stay in Miami - Brickell. This hotel is a one man show. The hotel is very dated. The bed sheets gave me some kind of a sunburn looking rash that drove me crazy. Only the parts that touched the sheets were effected. Weird. What the heck do they do the laundry in. There is no servicing of the rooms. No clean sheets, no clean towels unless you lug the wet ones down to the front desk and ask for more. We only managed to get part of a set because there were no clean ones available. You take out your own garbage. There as signs in the room that if you leave any garbage behind you will be charged. If you want service of your room there are extra charges. I dont go to a hotel for this nonsence. The dishes in the cupboard were dirty. Just disgusting. Never, Never again will I stay in any of the Extended Stay hotels. Ewwwwwwww I have never had problems with Red Roof or Holiday Inn etc type hotels but this was really bad.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. We recently implemented a new Grab and Go Breakfast. We also purchased new Bed Spreads and pillows to continue the improvement of our hotel. I personally reviewed the procedures in our laundry and we are following the procedures set by our vendors.

UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was staying at Fortune House Hotel and for 1 day they asked us to go 'somewhere' because they were booked for a wedding. They booked this hotel for us. When we arrived to this hotel on 26.10.2012 the person at reception said that the booking had been made by fortune house hotel for passed day i.e. 25.10.2012. I was surprised. Anyway upon my request they gave me a room. I paid $173 in total. this was absolute overpriced. It should have been maximum $80. On name of facility there was only the building with simgle staff at reception. Nobody to help with luggage. My wife even got angry and asked if it was self-service hotel and the man at reception said that it is. I was also surprised because it was not an unknown name. Moreover I was told that I would get an apartment but I got just a room. The person at reception said that this building is lower niveau of the hotel as other hotels of this chain are much better. and that this hotel had only 1 room studios. On name if kitchen just a 1 meter table and small microwave. The rooms were stinking and that was much bothering. The blankets were very old but the hotel didn't want to or couldn't change. There is no restaurant at all. It was totally waste of money and time. Next morning we left the room. they have some connection with taxi's and when the taxi came he demanded 3 times more money than usual meter because we had suitcases. So the taxi was too that type what the hotel was.

Room Tip: Not good hotel, not at all.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. I'm sorry that you were walked from the Fortune House a full service Hotel due to a wedding. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We specialize in providing clean, comfortable studios at an affordable price. That means we don't set out extra amenities like a bellman, valet parking, shower caps, etc, in our rooms. However, our hotel does have a limited supply of sundries at the front desk, and we happily dispense them free of charge upon request. All of our studio suites are equipped with a kitchen with a full size refrigerator, Microwave, toaster and coffee maker. Operating in this way allows us to continue to provide you our great rooms at exceptional rates. I take seriously your concerns, and assure you that we work very hard to explain exactly what we offer to our guests before they arrive. I am, of course, very sorry that we were unable to make our offerings more clear to you before you checked in, and hope that you will keep our hotel in mind when your future needs are for an accommodation like ours.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. I will also like to let you know that we do not have any connection with the taxi company and they are an independent company. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Port Perry
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff here would tell you one thing and do another, it was just pure luck we got a taxi to get us to the Port on time for our cruise, they said they called one, but hadn't. The cab driver we did end up getting told us the staff at the front desk "didn't want to deal with us" Have no idea why! There were 8 of us and we were there for two nights. You can't even get a muffin with your coffee in the morning and according to the staff at the desk, the closest place for breakfast is 10 minutes away.
There is a definate gas leak in the laundry room, but when we told them about it, they swear that there isn't.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

It is my pleasure to provide you with an explanation regarding your concerns about the transportation and breakfast in the hotel. Our company is known for providing great rooms at great rates, without some of the fluff that you find at other hotels. Although we do not place extra amenities into a guest room prior to check-in, we do have a kitchen with a full size refrigerator, microwave, toaster and coffee maker, we also provide complimentary coffee in the lobby in the mornings and now we will providing a grab and go breakfast in the mornings. We operate this way because it lets us continue to provide our guests with quality accommodations at an exceptional price. The taxis are independent operators and they provide service to our hotel and other hotels in the area. I do regret that you were told that the hotel did not want to deal with you as they are unrelated to the hotel's staff. In reference to the laundry room, the smell is not related to any gas leak but due to the laundry trap.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had will not be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with our guest relations team, or myself, please do not hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We arrived early off a cruise ship, too early for check-in. The clerk put our name on our luggage and we put in a locked room. There was no washroom in the lobby of the hotel and he informed us that the employee washroom was out of order (hmmm wonder what an employee did on an 8 hour shift!). Then asked for a map which he didn't have but he printed up google map walking instructions for us and off we went. He did not mention the "metro mover" which was free, a couple of blocks away and would have taken us where we wanted to go!! The next morning we go to the lobby to check out and ask that our luggage be stored. The clerk (different one from the day before) informed us that they didn't have luggage storage rooms! Where did we put them the day before??? Turns out it was a housekeeping room and luggage storage not allowed there. Also the top of the fridge and the inside of the microwave had not been wiped in quite awhile (must be a short housekeeper!).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, November 11, 2012

It is my pleasure to provide you with an explanation regarding your concern about our services. Our company is known for providing great rooms at great rates and providing excellent service. The hotel does have an employee washroom and also very limited storage space. I apologize since during your check in time the washroom was not available. The storage room procedure will be reviewed to prevent future occurrences like the one you mentioned. I do regret that we were not able to communicate to you exactly what you could expect before you arrived.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I've stayed there for the most of this year with over 140 nights. The staff is great and the attention to details is excellent. The hotel manager is very professional and keeps on touch with the guests periodically.

It is great staff that make you feel at home.

Great Job.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Clermont, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My overall rating for this hotel is a 2. The hotel service was ok. The people at the front desk were friendly but they weren't helpful, it really seemed like they couldn't do much for you. The condition of the hotel is not good at all. Our toilet was broken when we checked in and would not flush for most of our stay and our fridge was constantly leaking water which ruined most of our food in our fridge. We came home at 4am and the toliet wasn't working and we went to the front desk and they said they couldn't fix it and I asked if they had a bathroom in the lobby area they said no and I had to beg to use the employee bathroom which they let me use but it was ridiculous that we couldn't sure that bathroom in our own room!! The room was not as clean as it should of been. I felt like you had to walk around with shoes on because it was not properly vacummed and then there was spots everywhere all over the kitchen. It really wasn't cleaned as good as it could of been. The comfort was ok, the beds are not the softest things to sleep on and the comforter they give you seems very old and outdated. The location is good though because it is in downtown miami and there is a walgreen and publix right there. The neighborhood I would not say it a good area because it is not in a nice area and the thing is that to get to the hotel you have to cross some very scary intersections. Honestly you get what you pay for but I think you should not stay here. It really isn't worth your money. You can pay a couple bucks more and get something nicer. After all the trouble we had we had to wait a couple days to get in touch with a manager and we had to constantly call because apparently they couldn't take a message for her to call us back. It was just a little ridiculous.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The bathroom issue you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, we have addressed this issue with our staff and our Maintenance team has already serviced the room. I understand that you have already spoken on the phone with our hotel manager who mailed the certicate to the address you provided. I hope this resolution was to your satisfaction. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Restaurant, Poo...
Quiet, Pool, Mi...
Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown
Pets Allowed, Q...
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami? Share your experiences!