Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami
Ranked #76 of 130 Hotels in Miami
Jacksonville, Florida
“Average place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

On the plus side - had a decent kitchen with a nice fridge, walking distance to a couple of restaurants, close to Publix (grocery store), and scenic part of town to go running (towards the Bay or @ Brickell). Also, my room was fairly clean.

On the negative side - old, small tv, a little out-dated interior, kitchen not stocked with many utensils.

This place worked for my brief trip, but this wouldn't be my first choice.

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
HotelManager1760, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so very sorry that you had such a poor experience at this location in the past, and am pleased to advise you that the hotel is undergoing renovation. Since your stay with us, our location has undergone several changes, including upgrades to Flat Screen TVs in every room, which have contributed to an outstanding level of guest satisfaction. I'm sure that if you give us another chance, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much we are changing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Location is convenient right next to Walgreens and walking distance to resto and some clubs. The place is meant for long stay business trips etc. Cleaning and towel replacement service is on a weekly basis so the place shows signs of wear and dirtiness. They have kitchenette and full size fridge perfect for some light cooking or cooling icecream, beers.

It's next to highway so slightly noisy. Front desk staff are friendly but don't offer much service especially at night since they run a light crew and understaffed. All in all great value for location but don't expect the Ritz.

• Stayed May 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

had plan to stay for 20 days, but was only there for 1 night. The room was not clean, there were hair everywhere. Left early the next day.

Room Tip: There is a renovation going on, and due to my experience, I would stay way from it.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Non-smoking room reeked of smoke. Staff sprayed heavy sweet deodorizers which made it worse. Both fans on continuous didn't help. Carpet so filthy, white socks worn two hours as slippers were OILY BLACK and covered in hair and smut. Gunk and dust caked along edges of carpet obvious without my glasses. Hair in tub, hair in towels & sheets. Receptionist made me wait several minutes while she worked with staff & contractors all three times (check-in, transfer request, check-out). Top of headboard coated in dust (dead skin cells of previous guests. YUCK!) so nowhere to lean to watch TV. Parking lot very hard to access - one entrance with no crossover. Hotel hard to get into lugging/pulling bags through the MANUAL double set of double doors

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

My husband & I stayed at this hotel in August 2011due to the proximity to Miami port. We were a little concerned about the surroundings, but we actually felt very safe. Free parking was a plus, and the taxi to go to the port was approximately between $20-25. You do not get room service unless your stay 7 days or more; however, you can get clean towels from the front desk. If you want service is an additional $7 dollars per cleaning. I thought the free parking compensated for that. We will come back for our next cruise departing from miami.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
North Bergen, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Heads up $5 for internet Homeless around near by stores . No pool , Mattress little hard. Kitchen in room , clean place . Other than that it was good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Buenos Aires Argentina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We went with my family last year for 2 days and It was OK for the price, but this year early at nigth, people in the front desk desappeared.They put a fense in the front desk, and there isn't anybody to control the hotel. At the lobby there were a lot of young people shouting and dancing, with a very loud music.
They didn't have coins for the washing machine, and they have no detergent.
María was the only person who treated us very kind.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami? Share your experiences!