My company booked my 2 week stay at this hotel. So I didn't have much choice.
I would have rated it 4* but few things happened which I believe - the hotel deserves a 3* at this point.
For the bad things first:
1. Carpet is being replaced in one of hallway outside - not directly in front of my room but just few feet away. It's been more than a week there is no carpet. I am paying approx $110 per night and it's not a cheap motel. So I would expect either the carpet to be replaced soon or rooms shouldn't be given out where such remodeling is taking place. Think about the dust and fiber and bad air quality. In my opinion, the hotel shouldn't do business with the rooms where even minimal remodelling is taking place.
2. I asked for a replacement iron because the one I had in the room had some burnt cloth on the bottom. No one called back. I didn't follow up either because I kinda got busy with work.
3. At check in, the front desk said there is complimentary "continental" breakfast. To my understanding in US, continental breakfast means eggs, cheese, sausages, breads, fruit, coffee, tea etc..... - a big breakfast. So I was excited initially thinking $110 approx per night is a great deal. When I went for the breakfast, there was only oatmeal (in packets), coffee, hot water, small apples and oranges that appeared cheap, cheap tea bags, some bars, and in my opinion "gas station" type of muffins. This to me is a cheap "non-continental" breakfast. I was terribly disappointed with this quality for the price paid.
4. The other night, I also noticed a car window smashed - someone else's car. I don't know if it was a car theft because the glass was strewn outside. If it was a car theft, I believe the glass would be shattered on the inside. To be safe, in my opinion, I would assume it to be a car theft. So just be cautious where you park your car. Don't park on the back side. Park it in the light and keep your valuables locked or hidden.
5. Bed wasn't the best. It was very tough and the blanket was thin. There was a mattress topper but it wasn't comfy.
1. Very friendly staff. Maybe thats the Miami culture - the friendliness I have experienced everywhere in Miami but its great for such people to work here.
2. Room was clean, organized. Everything worked. No bad smells in the room. I didn't smell any smoking inside.
3. The maid cleaned up pretty well. I haven't left the place yet but nothing was stolen from my room which is very important.
4. The location is great. There are good restaurants nearby.
5. The hotel is nicely painted and looks new.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
January 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed after received your comments in regarding to our hallways been with out carpet and I hope you understand that we are in the proccess of remodelations in order to improve our guest satisfaction , regarding to the items in the room . To prevent this from happening again, my team replace thoses items for a new items. Please accept my apology. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at email@example.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.