My company booked my 2 week stay at this hotel. So I didn't have much choice.
I would have rated it 4* but few things happened which I believe - the hotel deserves a 3* at this point.
For the bad things first:
1. Carpet is being replaced in one of hallway outside - not directly in front of my room but just few feet away. It's been more than a week there is no carpet. I am paying approx $110 per night and it's not a cheap motel. So I would expect either the carpet to be replaced soon or rooms shouldn't be given out where such remodeling is taking place. Think about the dust and fiber and bad air quality. In my opinion, the hotel shouldn't do business with the rooms where even minimal remodelling is taking place.
2. I asked for a replacement iron because the one I had in the room had some burnt cloth on the bottom. No one called back. I didn't follow up either because I kinda got busy with work.
3. At check in, the front desk said there is complimentary "continental" breakfast. To my understanding in US, continental breakfast means eggs, cheese, sausages, breads, fruit, coffee, tea etc..... - a big breakfast. So I was excited initially thinking $110 approx per night is a great deal. When I went for the breakfast, there was only oatmeal (in packets), coffee, hot water, small apples and oranges that appeared cheap, cheap tea bags, some bars, and in my opinion "gas station" type of muffins. This to me is a cheap "non-continental" breakfast. I was terribly disappointed with this quality for the price paid.
4. The other night, I also noticed a car window smashed - someone else's car. I don't know if it was a car theft because the glass was strewn outside. If it was a car theft, I believe the glass would be shattered on the inside. To be safe, in my opinion, I would assume it to be a car theft. So just be cautious where you park your car. Don't park on the back side. Park it in the light and keep your valuables locked or hidden.
5. Bed wasn't the best. It was very tough and the blanket was thin. There was a mattress topper but it wasn't comfy.
1. Very friendly staff. Maybe thats the Miami culture - the friendliness I have experienced everywhere in Miami but its great for such people to work here.
2. Room was clean, organized. Everything worked. No bad smells in the room. I didn't smell any smoking inside.
3. The maid cleaned up pretty well. I haven't left the place yet but nothing was stolen from my room which is very important.
4. The location is great. There are good restaurants nearby.
5. The hotel is nicely painted and looks new.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stayamerica Miami - Airport - Doral Hotel
- Extended Stayamerica Miami - Airport - Doral Hotel Miami
- Extended Stay America Miami
- Extended Stayamerica Miami Airport
- Extended Stay Miami
- Miami Extended Stay
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.