“Quite decent place if you are flexible” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8655 NW 21st Terrace, Miami, FL 33122   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #48 of 131 hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“Quite decent place if you are flexible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My company booked my 2 week stay at this hotel. So I didn't have much choice.
I would have rated it 4* but few things happened which I believe - the hotel deserves a 3* at this point.
For the bad things first:
1. Carpet is being replaced in one of hallway outside - not directly in front of my room but just few feet away. It's been more than a week there is no carpet. I am paying approx $110 per night and it's not a cheap motel. So I would expect either the carpet to be replaced soon or rooms shouldn't be given out where such remodeling is taking place. Think about the dust and fiber and bad air quality. In my opinion, the hotel shouldn't do business with the rooms where even minimal remodelling is taking place.

2. I asked for a replacement iron because the one I had in the room had some burnt cloth on the bottom. No one called back. I didn't follow up either because I kinda got busy with work.

3. At check in, the front desk said there is complimentary "continental" breakfast. To my understanding in US, continental breakfast means eggs, cheese, sausages, breads, fruit, coffee, tea etc..... - a big breakfast. So I was excited initially thinking $110 approx per night is a great deal. When I went for the breakfast, there was only oatmeal (in packets), coffee, hot water, small apples and oranges that appeared cheap, cheap tea bags, some bars, and in my opinion "gas station" type of muffins. This to me is a cheap "non-continental" breakfast. I was terribly disappointed with this quality for the price paid.

4. The other night, I also noticed a car window smashed - someone else's car. I don't know if it was a car theft because the glass was strewn outside. If it was a car theft, I believe the glass would be shattered on the inside. To be safe, in my opinion, I would assume it to be a car theft. So just be cautious where you park your car. Don't park on the back side. Park it in the light and keep your valuables locked or hidden.

5. Bed wasn't the best. It was very tough and the blanket was thin. There was a mattress topper but it wasn't comfy.

Good things:
1. Very friendly staff. Maybe thats the Miami culture - the friendliness I have experienced everywhere in Miami but its great for such people to work here.
2. Room was clean, organized. Everything worked. No bad smells in the room. I didn't smell any smoking inside.
3. The maid cleaned up pretty well. I haven't left the place yet but nothing was stolen from my room which is very important.
4. The location is great. There are good restaurants nearby.
5. The hotel is nicely painted and looks new.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed after received your comments in regarding to our hallways been with out carpet and I hope you understand that we are in the proccess of remodelations in order to improve our guest satisfaction , regarding to the items in the room . To prevent this from happening again, my team replace thoses items for a new items. Please accept my apology. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at mit@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cameron Park, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

There are 2 extended stay hotels near Miami International, this one and another on NW 25th Street. Reading the reviews, I think not all have posted their review of the correct hotel. We reserved this one confused with the other.

This one is clean and basic, no airport shuttle and no pool. The bed was just OK, the mattress sagged, one thin blanket and two tiny pillows. Staff is friendly. Taxi from airport late at night was $21 plus tip.

If you have your own car and things to do and just need a place to asleep, this is fine. If you need to get to/from the airport and a pleasant place to spend a few hours, choose another hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed after received your comments in regarding to the bed comfort and the one thin blanket and two tiny pillows were in your room . Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team replace thoses items for a new items. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at mit@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for one night. It was a little difficult finding it at night since the hotel sign at the top of the building wasn't illuminated.

We booked through a third party, and everything went smoothly. Our room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and the shower pressure was great. I liked the kitchen and how they had a few pots/plates/glasses for guests to use. Internet worked great, and so did the television.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that we are delighted that we not only met your expectations, but we exceeded them. It is so rewarding to get feedback like yours! . Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Quito, Ecuador
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

*** WARNING TO NON-SMOKERS *** The hotel caters to extended-stay construction workers who like to "hang-out" in each others rooms at night. You get to smell their cigarette smoke and listen to the conversation through the paper-thin walls. You also get to enjoy the smells from their kitchens, and listen to the smoke alarms going off. Yes, the fire department did arrive the night I was there. The girl at the desk, Esther, was telling guests not to worry because the alarms were just from people cooking. At least she was there to let the fire department in because the hotel desk is not staffed 24 hours.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your room smelled bad. To prevent this from happening again, my team is working on turn the complete hotel to non smoking. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at mit@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Manaus, AM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

ESA at Doral is a good deal indeed. You are close to the airport, the hotel is good, the rooms are nice and the atmosphere is quiet. Remember this is a long stay hotel, no room making service with less than 6 days of stay. ESA is close to many good restaurants (Red Lobster, Olive Garden) and Dolphin Mall. Recomended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
North Port
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We extended our stay to fly out & were not disappointed. This is a great place to stay near the airport. We wanted to leave with clean clothes & the 24 hr guest laundry was perfect. Because we stayed we have to contact the front desk & let them know & in order to get the better price had to make reservations on-line so there was a little confusion, but we get it straightened out.

Room Tip: The breakfast was a little inconsistent, but nurishing. Make reservations on-line & look for co...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I travel to Miami very often, and I always choose this hotel; it gives you the feeling of home away from home. I have been staying in a spacious single room. It is very big, very modern, nicely decorated, clean and comfortable. They even have free breakfast in the morning, and it is very good. The hotel staff is very polite, very helpful, and they speak both English and Spanish. This hotel is definitely worth recommending, and all my friend stay here when they travel to Miami.

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors to get a better view. (4th Floor)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, responded to this review, October 12, 2012

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South

Extended Stayamerica Miami - Airport - Doral Hotel
Location: United States > Florida > Miami
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
#9 Best Value Hotel in Miami
#28 Family Hotel in Miami
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.