“Great hotel stay for the price” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #9 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
vancouver bc
“Great hotel stay for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2007

Great hotel for the price! Recieved a real good price with my husbands bcaaa membership. Got to the hotel at 9:00 am after flying all night . They said our room wasn't ready yet but to go up and have the comp breakfast that they serve everyday which is huge and isn't your usual hotel freebee breakfast. there was hot as well as cold things to eat. Room was awesome. King size fluffy comforter lots of pillows didn't want to leave bed. Pool and surrounding area is also clean and well kept. Area hotel is in isn't that bad theres a Wallgreans, Publex grocery store , Burger king, ect... Staff is awesome most helpful. We stayed there one night pre-cruise there's a shuttle that picks you up at the airport for free when you arrive and they can arrange a shuttle to pick you up to take you to the cruise port for $10.00 per person. way more than a taxi. hotel is near the airport but never heard one plane unless outside by the pool. Will recommend this hotel to anyone that asks.

• Liked — the price the bed
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple

1,386 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Polish first
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2007

For $200/night I cannot believe what you get. You get a standard Hampton room (and an old one at that). Nothing special and not in a great area at all. As Diamond I had to ask for upgrade. Service was okay, but for the price you have got to be kidding. Average to old room and bad neighborhood.

• Tips/Secrets — There is a resturant across the street--hole in the wall Casa Juan. Just be careful at night.
  • Stayed January 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2007

My husband and I stay at Hampton Inns every week on business because we know that we will have a comfortable room and a good hot breakfast for me and a breakfast bag for him on his way to the office. I had quite a bit to carry up on our breakfast tray on Sunday and I was helped by one of the employees by carrying the extra tray up to our room. This definitely was one of the best Hampton's that we have stayed at in the whole state! The pool area is beautiful and very spacious and there was a great winding staircase going up to the second floor. They have secure elevators that allow only guests to go up to the rooms. Check-in was quick and efficient; we arrived before check-in time and our room wasn't ready yet, but they had our requested room near the elevator ready in no time because we are members of Hilton Honors Program. It is definitely worth joining even if you are an in-frequent traveler with points to earn free stays and special treatment.

• Liked — Friendly hellpful staff
  • Disliked — Absolutely Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Join the Hilton Honors Program
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2007

We got a suite with a mini-kitchen and it was wonderful. It was very clean and was well stocked with dishes, pots & pans, tupperware, and silverware.

The staff is very helpful - the desk staff and the cleaning staff. The cleaning staff was excellent.

The breakfast is great - much more extensive than at cheaper hotels. We decided to not use the hot tub - it didn't look very clean. However, the pool was very clean.

Stayed January 2007
Preston, Lancashire UK ENGLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2007

Stayed one night pre cruise [Friday 15 December 2006]. Have stayed at their other property last December 2005 and have to say that the Blue Lagoon is soooooooooo much better!

Lovely clean and modern room, welcoming and accommodating staff with personality. No complaints whatsoever. Building facilities were clean and well maintained.

Used the airport pickup service without any problems - called to let them know we were at the airport and they said the van was on its way. 10 minutes later we were picked up - this was at 9.30pm.

Last year the airport van from Dadeland took over 1 hour to get to us, and this was after 3 chaser calls and the promise each time that he was on his way and stopping every Hampton Inn van we saw. Driver had the cheek to argue with us and say we had been at the wrong place and he had been driving around.

Add to the fact that Dadeland reception staff were very unaccommodating bordering on rude and indifferent and the actual hotel was a bit tired and our room was very dated [believe refurbishment of the rooms was in progress but think we got the oldest one left!] with the airconditioning very noisy and not very good.

So why use Hampton Inn again you may ask?

Based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor and value for money - we only really needed a bed for the night, and Blue Lagoon was obviously hitting the spot with a lot of other people.

We also had friends who were travelling to meet us for the morning before we went to the ship - driving over 1.5 hours to see us. When I asked the reception if there was anywhere we could go to get a coffee [as I knew that the breakfast room/24 coffee was for residents] he said that we could use the lounge and get coffee there - I clarified that my friends were not staying at the hotel, but he said that it was no problem. Only a little perk, but so helpful [we are from UK] when time with our friends was precious.

After they had left, I had somehow got it into my head the we could check out at 3pm [oops I know NOW, thats checkin time!] so I phoned down at 1.30 to confirm this fact to find out we should have checked out earlier! Again very accomodating and said we were OK till 2pm.

Reception organised a taxi-van to take us to the pier. Approx $24 plus tip.

All in all a lovely stay and good value for money, especially considering that breakfast is included. Will definately use this one again if fortunate to be visiting again.

Finally, regarding proximity to the airport, we were never bothered by noise and our window gave us a lovely view of planes taking off! I wouldn't say it was completely quiet, perhaps a very low drone occasionally depending on the plane size, but certainly nothing to disturb your sleep.

I booked via their own website [6mths advance] and kept an eye on the prices - the room rate actually dropped [3mths] so I just amended my booking online. I know they honour their cheapest price but still did the amendment just in case. Saying that would have still been happy paying the higher price as the value for money was excellent, but everyone likes a bargain!

Hope this review helps.

• Liked — Modern and Clean. Friendly Staff. Excellent Service. Value for Money.
  • Disliked — No complaints!
  • Tips/Secrets — Book direct via web site for easy maintenance of booking.
Wandering American
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2007

My family and I got stuck up a creek because the "Days Inn Miami Airport" screwed up our reservations and gave our room away; they're idiots over there trust me.

The Hampton in however was probably one of the nicest hotel rooms I think I have ever stayed in. The hotel itself was spectacular and extremely clean. My favorite part was the breakfast it was so much better than any of the hotels I have stayed at recently. The staff was extremely friendly and well spoken; it has been my experience that most places in Miami people don't even speak English but they sure did here! We were traveling with my 2 year old son and we asked for a crib at check in and by the time we got to our room the crib was already there and setup; my son slept very well so I assume it was just as comfy as our nice big fluffy bed.

The location is great too, you have a CVS, Walgreen’s, Publix, Burger King and a nice Chinese restaurant all within a 2 minute walk; it's literally right across the street, just be careful and use the crosswalks. The airport shuttle was very quick and efficient and during our stay we never heard any sounds from the airport, the room was perfectly silent. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Liked — Very clean and friendly staff
  • Disliked — I loved everything
  • Tips/Secrets — try to make reservations in advance if you want to save some money.
Orland Park, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2006

We were a group of 25 and decided on this hotel based on the reviews from TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. The group coordinator of this hotel continually went above and beyond to ensure our stay was more than Satisfactory. The hotel does offer free shuttle from the airport. Due to our group size Lourdes arranged for airport pickup for everyone (nominal fee pp). The drivers were waiting with newer/clean vans & trailer for luggage. We were taken to the hotel and after checkin our prearranged transportation took us over to Bayside & some of the group to South Beach. When we wanted to stay longer we called the driver and he said NO PROBLEM. They picked us up where and when they said they would. The next morning the drivers were again waiting to shuttle us to the port. All transportation was arranged through the hotel group coordinator (fees were reasonable). She suggested destinations, amount of time needed, etc. On our return to the port we did not have transportation booked we were considering ship based excursions. I emailed Hampton Inn from the ship and the Group Coordinator arranged for pickup--keep in mind that we were not staying at the hotel on our return--We were going home. She could not reach me by phone to confirm we worked via email. I called the driver when we reached Miami at 6am and he said Lourdes was unsure of the time but he'd be waiting with a group sign at the pier around 7am. Our group was split up getting off the ship and it delayed them over 40 minutes but they waited to take us all to the airport as a group. When we arrived at the airport the Group Coordinator of Hampton Inn (Lourdes) had called me--she wanted to see if our trip was satisfactory and if the driver picked us up as promised. Keep in mind this was a Sunday Morning and she works Monday-Friday. When we checked in the hotel on Saturday (her off day)--she also called me at the hotel checking to see if everything was satisfactory upon check in. We've stayed in Miami before and did not care for the hotel, staff or location. At the Wyndham during our last stay we were told by the bus driver not to go out at night the area is too dangerous--needless to say we didn't enjoy Miami or feel safe. We didn't feel uncomfortable at this hotel at all--great security--you must have an active hotel key in order to take the elevator in this hotel. Clean, reliable arranged transportation allowed us to enjoy the sights of Miami. Again, rooms are clean and comfortable---it's not the Ritz--it's an affordable and clean hotel with excellent service.

• Liked — Staff and comfortable beds
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!