“Awesome!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Wandering American
“Awesome!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2007

My family and I got stuck up a creek because the "Days Inn Miami Airport" screwed up our reservations and gave our room away; they're idiots over there trust me.

The Hampton in however was probably one of the nicest hotel rooms I think I have ever stayed in. The hotel itself was spectacular and extremely clean. My favorite part was the breakfast it was so much better than any of the hotels I have stayed at recently. The staff was extremely friendly and well spoken; it has been my experience that most places in Miami people don't even speak English but they sure did here! We were traveling with my 2 year old son and we asked for a crib at check in and by the time we got to our room the crib was already there and setup; my son slept very well so I assume it was just as comfy as our nice big fluffy bed.

The location is great too, you have a CVS, Walgreen’s, Publix, Burger King and a nice Chinese restaurant all within a 2 minute walk; it's literally right across the street, just be careful and use the crosswalks. The airport shuttle was very quick and efficient and during our stay we never heard any sounds from the airport, the room was perfectly silent. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Liked — Very clean and friendly staff
  • Disliked — I loved everything
  • Tips/Secrets — try to make reservations in advance if you want to save some money.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Orland Park, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2006

We were a group of 25 and decided on this hotel based on the reviews from TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. The group coordinator of this hotel continually went above and beyond to ensure our stay was more than Satisfactory. The hotel does offer free shuttle from the airport. Due to our group size Lourdes arranged for airport pickup for everyone (nominal fee pp). The drivers were waiting with newer/clean vans & trailer for luggage. We were taken to the hotel and after checkin our prearranged transportation took us over to Bayside & some of the group to South Beach. When we wanted to stay longer we called the driver and he said NO PROBLEM. They picked us up where and when they said they would. The next morning the drivers were again waiting to shuttle us to the port. All transportation was arranged through the hotel group coordinator (fees were reasonable). She suggested destinations, amount of time needed, etc. On our return to the port we did not have transportation booked we were considering ship based excursions. I emailed Hampton Inn from the ship and the Group Coordinator arranged for pickup--keep in mind that we were not staying at the hotel on our return--We were going home. She could not reach me by phone to confirm we worked via email. I called the driver when we reached Miami at 6am and he said Lourdes was unsure of the time but he'd be waiting with a group sign at the pier around 7am. Our group was split up getting off the ship and it delayed them over 40 minutes but they waited to take us all to the airport as a group. When we arrived at the airport the Group Coordinator of Hampton Inn (Lourdes) had called me--she wanted to see if our trip was satisfactory and if the driver picked us up as promised. Keep in mind this was a Sunday Morning and she works Monday-Friday. When we checked in the hotel on Saturday (her off day)--she also called me at the hotel checking to see if everything was satisfactory upon check in. We've stayed in Miami before and did not care for the hotel, staff or location. At the Wyndham during our last stay we were told by the bus driver not to go out at night the area is too dangerous--needless to say we didn't enjoy Miami or feel safe. We didn't feel uncomfortable at this hotel at all--great security--you must have an active hotel key in order to take the elevator in this hotel. Clean, reliable arranged transportation allowed us to enjoy the sights of Miami. Again, rooms are clean and comfortable---it's not the Ritz--it's an affordable and clean hotel with excellent service.

• Liked — Staff and comfortable beds
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
chic ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2006

Great hotel, We arrived on an early flight and tho our rooms were not ready, we were able to sit by the pool. We had missed the breakfast, but an employee was kind enough to get my daughter and me "breakfasts to go" Hotel staff was very helpful in getting us into our rooms by noon. Very clean, wonderful beds, pillows, and comfortors! Great location-across the street is a Walgreens, wendys, bakery, and a little market. Would definately stay here again! Price w/AAA was great, too. Also there was a shuttle to the port for $10/person

• Liked — comfort, cleanliness, great hot breakfast
  • Tips/Secrets — great for pre and post cruise, good price
  • Stayed December 2006
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2006

My wife and I stayed at this location about 6 years ago before taking our first cruise--the hotel had just opened. I'm happy to say--6 years later it's still a great buy. We stayed there before and after our recent cruise after Thanksgiving and were thoroughly pleased. It's about 5 minutes from the Miami airport and has a free shuttle, nice complimentary breakfast, great pool, hot tub and exercise room. Staff are courteous, rooms are clean, bed was great and the hotel gives a nice overall impression. The area it's in has the basics--fast food in walking distance, drug stores, market, etc. for any items you might have forgotten.

• Liked — Property is well maintained, pool area was nice and not overrun with people
  • Disliked — our room/floor was non-smoking but we smelled smoke--floor above or below probably so that was annoying
  • Tips/Secrets — If leaving from there on a cruise ask about the shuttle service to the Port of Miami - cheaper than a cab
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2006

We booked this hotel for 2 nights prior to a cruise. For me ,it was a choice between this and the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. I chose this propert for several reasons.

1) for a 2 night stay and no rental car, I liked the option of a suite with a kitchenette area complete with dishes ,stove ,microwave, dishwasher, fridge and a small dinette table. I dont plan to cook but it leaves the option open and to have a large fridge to hold water bottles, beer and some fruit was great. The bedroom had 2 beds (?full or queen) and the living area had a fold out couch. Both areas had a TV.

2) We were arriving somewhat late and the proximity to the airport
and the free shuttle worked for us.

3)It was rated higher on trip advisor and had fewer lukewarm or negative comments. I also thought it would be less crowded. We paid more but we didnt mind.

General impressions:

1)used the courtesy phone at the airport and were told where to meet the shuttle and were given a description of the shuttle. Its a busy area and there is a constant stream of shuttles form the various hotels. There didnt seem to be any specific pick-up area but rather find a place at the curb and wave at the shuttle that has your hotel name.

2)Arrived to a clean spacious suite,check- in was no problem, (havent ever eperienced otherwise :) staff was courteous and helpful. Pool area was attractive ,clean and had plenty of space -tables ,chairs etc.

3)Wal-greens,CVS (same type of store) and a grocery store are all across the street and provided easy access for snacks, water, liquor, personal care items etc. There is even a deli in the grocery store for chicken, sandwhiches, and salads.

4) Didnt seem to be a lot of dining choices -burger King and someplace called Pollo Tropico? ,kind of a fast food chicken and seafood southern style,seemed to be popular. There was a small mall and bank across the street(ATM machine). We didnt explore too much and didnt have a rental car as we didnt want the hassle.

5)Breakfast was basically a continental with 2 warm choices on the side, french toast sticks or eggs for example. A free newspaper and a cup of coffee are enough to make me happy. If you are looking for a prepared omelette go elsewhere.

6)Shuttle to the Port was $10/person,we arranged through the front desk . The shuttle was on time and we had no problems. They offer to pick you up as well but we had other plans.

• Liked — a good place to relax before a cruise,large clean suites
  • Disliked — would not stay more than a few days without a car
  • Tips/Secrets — If you plan to sightsee you should have a car or book closer to your desired area
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2006

After all of the great reviews of this hotel, I was expecting more. It's an ok hotel. The bed was nice and the room was average. I didn't think it deserved the glowing reviews. No room service is available. Please note that it is under construction at this time. Had I known that, I would have taken my $169 somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
los angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2006

Stayed at this hotel pre and post cruise. Hotel in good condition and very clean. Stayed in the one bedroom suite. The Hampton bed was very comfortable. Hampton breakfast also good. On return from cruise, the hotel let us check into our room at 10:15 am - very impressed with that.
Overall excellent value and will use the hotel on future stays in the Miami Airport area.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!