“100% Satisfied! Will absolutely stay again!” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #10 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Edmonton
“100% Satisfied! Will absolutely stay again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2009

After a long flight, (we came from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada), we arrived at the Hampton Inn & Suites - Maimi Airport on Jan. 2 as a stop over before boarding our cruise the next day. I had just recently signed up for Hilton Hotels Rewards and decided to try one the hotels suggested through the Hilton rewards program. We choose Hampton Inn & Suites, Miami Airport as the price was right which included a continental breakfast and had shuttles to the airport and ports. Plus, I checked out some of the reviews on Trip Advisor and was satisfied that this was a place we could try.
We were totally pleased with the service! First of all, the shuttle picked us up within 15-20 mintues of calling them from the airport. Our check-in was smooth and quick, our room was clean, the beds were super comfortable. They had a business office that we could use to check emails, surf the net, etc., at no extra cost. The staff super friendly and helpful, and best of all, they had great security, we felt very safe.

The most AMAZING thing was the Honesty of their staff, totally outstanding!!!! ..--- This is what happened......my 13 year old son had been saving his money all year and after exchanging some of his canadian money he was exicted to have american money. Anyways to make a long story short, the next day we checked out at around noon, we had the hotel book a shuttle to take us to the port. We arrived at the port, registered and got on our ship. It wasn't until a few hours later that my son realized he had left his envelope with $120.00 (U.S) at our hotel room at the Hampton Inn & Suites. At this point my son is in tears, this was almost of all his money with the exception of what he had in his pocket. I immediately called the hotel to see if anyone found the envelope. I was told that the chamber maid who cleaned our room had already turned in the envelope and that the hotel had emailed us and called our home number and left a message of their findings! I told them that we were already on the cruise ship and that the ship was about to dock and that it was impossible for us to retrieve the envelope until the following week. The manager (Victoria, I believe) said no problem, that she would lock up the envelope till we get back there. Well, when we returned on Jan. 10, Victoria was on duty and immediately returned the envelope, needless to say, my son was grateful. I was grateful, and gave Victoria $20.00 to give to the chambermaid who turned in the envelope as her reward. It is so great to see such honesty and to know that there are honest people out there. Way to Go Hampton Inn & Suites, you made our stay the very best, we'll definately stay there again! Thank you.

• Liked — Convenience, close to airport, clean, confortable beds, great TV, everything was great!
  • Disliked — Nothing that I'm aware of..... we stayed only 2 nights and were very satistied with what we saw.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family

1,383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

We selected the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor. Like many reviewers we found this Hotel ideal for our pre and post cruise stay. Overall this is an excellent hotel, with a free airport shuttle, good staff, appetising breakfast and clean, modern and comfortable rooms. Whilst we did not know that the hotel didn't have a bar or restaurant their shuttle dropped us off at the nearby Hilton (Hampton Innes are part of the Hilton group)and picked us up. (the hotel is opposite a shopping centre with the usual fast food outlets as an alternative). They also organised a shuttle to the cruise terminal US$10 per person whivh must be the best value in Miami).

• Liked — Rooms and location
  • Disliked — Nothing
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2009

When you're in need of a pre-cruise hotel, at times just searching can be a nightmare and I research everything.
I'm a member of an extremely popular cruise review board where people join to do just about nothing but research.

When I booked our cruise, I also made a pre-cruise hotel reservation at another hotel and I held that reservation for the better part of a year.
The hotel, which we previously stayed at, didn't offer a complimentary breakfast or a shuttle from the airport or to the port. The advantage, it's in the Bayside Marketplace area, making it convenient to shopping and dining without the need for a taxi. This time, I couldn't get past the lack of other ammenities and began a search for another hotel.

When I found the Hampton Blue Lagoon, I was so thrilled. Reviews on the cruise boards were positive.
One negative to us would be it's close to the airport and not to the port, but the Hampton still offered convenient shopping and dining without taxi, and the bonus of a complimentary breakfast and shuttle from the airport . They also offered a independent shuttle to the port for $10 a person, and for two, that was still a bargain. I made a new reservation!

Booking on the site was easy.
Getting the complimentary airport shuttle once in Miami, was a negative. I personally blame Miami Airport for that. The hotel told us what # to call, but the usual direct hotel phone bank was not in site. Even the airport employees were not able to help....???
I carry my confirmation, so I called the hotel directly. We waited no more than 15 minutes and the shuttle was there.
Their very friendly shutter driver took care of us! (He worked on Sunday am too, so I'm sure you'd run into him.)
Just across the street has a publix, liquor store and restaurants and Walgreens was just a block away. Absolutely everything was within walking distance, and a taxi only needed if you can't walk. The shuttle driver said they'd drive us no charge to the (94th Aero Squadron Restaurant good food and view of plane takeoff and landing)...10 min + safe walk with sidewalk even available....
The airport noise was not an issue at all!
King room was as expected, good. You need a room key to get past the 2nd floor, excellent safety!!
Pool was nice looking but we didn't use.
Complimentary breakfast very good, with alot of choices.
Check in-out was a breeze, and the shuttle [independent company] picked us up on time and for $10 a person was all we needed.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Thank you Hampton Blue Lagoon.

• Liked — close to alot, comp. breakfast and airport shuttle
  • Disliked — nothing
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

We spent a week over New Year at the Hampton Inn. Initially we thought of staying in Miami Beach but found the hotel rates there too high. All in all the Hampton Inn wasn’t a bad choice considering that we undertook some out-of-town trips in several directions. The drive to Miami Beach takes about 20 minutes. The hotel is quite convenient for heading south (Key West) or north (Fort Lauderdale). The staff was really friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is good and there is also some space along the pool for enjoying breakfast open air. The room was spacious and clean, the amenities good (wireless internet, coffee maker, TV, etc.), the beds very comfy, and the windows almost completely soundproof. The only (little) trouble we had was with the bathroom, which didn’t have a tub and was regularly flooded after only one shower.

• Liked — comfy bed
  • Disliked — flooded bathroom
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gulpen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

Do not hesitate to book this hotel if you need a hotelroom close to the airport. We got a good deal on a good, clean and quiet hotelroom. Good service & a nice breakfast. If you have an early flight they will give you a breakfast-bag.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — You will probably need a 10 min cardrive to find a good restaurant
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2009

I 've just returned from an excellent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites. I stayed there based on the excellent Trip Advisor reviews of this hotel, I was not disappointed. The hotel was really great, the staff are friendly and extremely helpful. The hotel was extremely clean and very well run.
The room was spacious, comfortable and quiet.
The carpark is secure, the breakast room is very well supplied and constantly maintained to a very high standard by the staff.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone, I really enjoyed my stay at Hampton Inn and Suites Miami airport.
A big thank you to all the staff at the hotel for making my stay such an enjoyable one.

• Liked — The service provided by the staff.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
Surrey U.K
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

My husband & I stayed here for 1 night after deciding that we wouldn't collect our hire car that evening & drive direct to The Keys after a long flight. We stayed here for a night in 2006, again after a long flight so knew where to go on spec, how far from the airport the hotel is located, what to expect & approx costs.

We got a BLUE cab (don't get a yellow one, they are more expensive because they go into the main Miami area whereas the blue cabs do local journeys). Cost $14 for 2 of us. Get in line for a yellow cab but let the cab organiser know that you want a blue cab. However, there is a free courtsey transfer bus available but we couldn't be bothered to wait for it to turn up but that was our choice.

The male receptionist that warmly greeted us was almost apologetic at the cheapest walk-in rate available that evening but it was $107 + taxes which we thought was very reasonable.

As always with a Hampton Inn, we know what to expect & we weren't disappointed with our 5th floor room. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN & spacious with a kingsize very comfy bed.

We left our belongings & walked across the road to a fast food restaurant but we could have gone to Starbucks. I note a previous report on local safety but, we personally never gave a thought that we wouldn't be safe literally crossing one road but I respect their opinion.

We showered, had a very good night's sleep, woke refreshed, showered & enjoyed the complimentary breakfast which was enough to set us up for a couple of hours & I always appreciate a free copy of USA today.

The courtesy buses run every half hour & we caught the 9am bus back to the airport then got on the courtesy bus to take us to our rental depot. A doddle.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again when we fly in from the UK.

• Liked — Cleanliness, friendliness of staff we encountered & location to our needs.
  • Disliked — No shower gel in our bathroom but I guess that was an oversite as shampoo etc precent.
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!