After a long flight, (we came from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada), we arrived at the Hampton Inn & Suites - Maimi Airport on Jan. 2 as a stop over before boarding our cruise the next day. I had just recently signed up for Hilton Hotels Rewards and decided to try one the hotels suggested through the Hilton rewards program. We choose Hampton Inn & Suites, Miami Airport as the price was right which included a continental breakfast and had shuttles to the airport and ports. Plus, I checked out some of the reviews on Trip Advisor and was satisfied that this was a place we could try.
We were totally pleased with the service! First of all, the shuttle picked us up within 15-20 mintues of calling them from the airport. Our check-in was smooth and quick, our room was clean, the beds were super comfortable. They had a business office that we could use to check emails, surf the net, etc., at no extra cost. The staff super friendly and helpful, and best of all, they had great security, we felt very safe.
The most AMAZING thing was the Honesty of their staff, totally outstanding!!!! ..--- This is what happened......my 13 year old son had been saving his money all year and after exchanging some of his canadian money he was exicted to have american money. Anyways to make a long story short, the next day we checked out at around noon, we had the hotel book a shuttle to take us to the port. We arrived at the port, registered and got on our ship. It wasn't until a few hours later that my son realized he had left his envelope with $120.00 (U.S) at our hotel room at the Hampton Inn & Suites. At this point my son is in tears, this was almost of all his money with the exception of what he had in his pocket. I immediately called the hotel to see if anyone found the envelope. I was told that the chamber maid who cleaned our room had already turned in the envelope and that the hotel had emailed us and called our home number and left a message of their findings! I told them that we were already on the cruise ship and that the ship was about to dock and that it was impossible for us to retrieve the envelope until the following week. The manager (Victoria, I believe) said no problem, that she would lock up the envelope till we get back there. Well, when we returned on Jan. 10, Victoria was on duty and immediately returned the envelope, needless to say, my son was grateful. I was grateful, and gave Victoria $20.00 to give to the chambermaid who turned in the envelope as her reward. It is so great to see such honesty and to know that there are honest people out there. Way to Go Hampton Inn & Suites, you made our stay the very best, we'll definately stay there again! Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport hotel is located at the Waterford Corporate Park - Blue Lagoon complex, the perfect location for those visiting Miami for business or pleasure: Located just 5 minutes from Miami International Airport, 15 minutes from Downtown Miami, Brickell, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove and Doral. The Port of Miami is just a few miles from our door. Close to the Dolphin Mall, International Mall, Dadeland Mall & Aventura Mall and the South Florida Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
- Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon Hotel Miami
- Hampton Inn Miami
- Miami Hampton Inn