“Great hotel before cruise!” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #9 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Ottawa, Canada
“Great hotel before cruise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Nice clean hotel with friendly staff!
Free shuttle from airport to hotel.
Great location as there are two drugstores and a grocery store right beside hotel. Grocery store has great selection for wines! There is also another store in mall with grocery store that sells liquor, liqueurs and wine.
Shuttle to port of Miami for $10.00 per person. Another shuttle, for a fee, to Dolphin mall.
Hotel had a great sitting area outside with a pool and a hot tub.
Free breakfast in morning.
Would definitely stay again and recommend to others!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

1,387 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Polish first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at this location for 1 night on Friday Oct. 11 prior to sailing on a cruise. We arrived at Miami airport and just waited outside where you retrieve your luggage for the hotel shuttle to pass. It's a little confusing as to where you wait for these shuttles because there is no signage but you just watch for the shuttle with the hotel name and flag them down. They run every 30 minutes. It was a short drive of about 10 minutes from the airport.

When we arrived check in was quick. We had requested adjoining rooms with our friends but that didn't happen as the hotel was not made aware through the online website we used for booking.

This is an excellent location for pre-cruising. There is a large supermarket (Publix) right across the street with a big selection of wine to purchase before sailing. There are also 2 big drug stores across the street...A Walgreen's and a CVS. There are restaurants as well within walking distance.

We arranged to take the hotel shuttle to the Dolphin Mall in the afternoon for 10:00 pp return but I wouldn't do that again. It's a big mall but if your looking for deals you won't find them there.

What I enjoyed most about this location as we were waiting for all of our friends to arrive was the pool and patio access we had on the 2nd story roof. We sat there all evening enjoying the nice weather, drinking wine. They had music playing with an outdoor speaker.. We had the entire area to ourselves. Nobody else was out there.

Breakfast in the morning was sufficient. The hot items included scrambled eggs, sausage,waffles. There was a good selection of fruit, breads, muffins, juices, tea and coffee.

We also arranged transportation to the port for the next morning for $10.00 per person. You had 2 choices for departure. One at 11:00 am or 12:00 noon.

I would definitely recommend this location to stay at and I would stay there again if we ever return to Miami.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
We appreciate your positive review and providing such a detailed account to other Trip Advisor users. I am glad you were able to enjoy our comfortable outdoor pool and patio area, and taking advantage of all the convenient stops within walking distance of our hotel. I welcome you to give us a call directly next time you are traveling with us so we can accomodate the request for adjoining rooms, we would be happy to help!

Thank you for your recommendations and I hope to see you back again soon!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here for a one day business trip. This was prearranged by the company so I didnt have a choice of places. It was next to the airport so very convenient for a layover or quick business trip. There is a supermarket and a couple of restaurants as well as fast food joints across the street. The hotel was clean and the room was comfortable. The pillows were too thick for me ( I have this problem with most hotels ) but the bed and blanket was very comfortable. There is a complimentary breakfast that includes hot and cold food. If this trip is more for fun, then the location is not the best as you need to rent a car or take a taxi to get to any touristy areas or the beach. The front desk was courteous and helpful when needed. Wifi was free and worked well. Would recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Excellent customer service.
Rooms were clean and bed was very comfortable. Is near the airport but there is no disturbance at all.
Great area, near shopping and restaurants.
Has secured parking area for guests.
Comp. breakfast was good.
Pool was a bit small.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Karachi, Pakistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had booked this hotel before I left on my long journey.This was my first experience at Hampton's.I landed after being in flight for around 20 hours and was completely exhausted by the time I cleared immigration and customs at Miami airport. The clearance, I must say was brisk and uneventful.. I waited for the free shuttle after I came out of the terminal and was picked up within 15 mins. The ride to the hotel was a short one. Check - in was smooth and cordial.The room was reasonably sized, clean, bed quite comfortable.Wifi worked well.Since I didn't have local SIM.I was def happy that the wifi enabled me to contact my family, abroad, and friends locally.

Lots of shops and fast food outlets in the neighbourhood.However,be careful when crossing the road.The drivers simply whiz pass you.So only cross at the traffic light.

I stayed one night and felt comfortable through out.The breakfast, the next morning was more than adequate with scrambled egg,sausages,cereals,potatoes and plenty of tea and coffee.

All in all,a happy experience and i would return if i was passing thru Miami,again.

Room Tip: I didnt care.Just needed a quiet room,which I got.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent review about your experience with us. I am glad to see that we were able to provide you with all your needs for an overnight stay.

Your are invited back to experience our top notch service and all our other amenities during a longer Miami visit, I am sure you will be just as pleased. Our location is minutes away from the Beaches and other attractions to make your stay active and memorable. We have a recently refreshed fitness center, outdoor pool and jacuzzi, and an alternating buffet breakfast menu, as well as the convenient airport shuttle and WiFi that you are already familiar with,

Once again, I appreciate your time and look forward to having you back.

key west
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Well I travel a lot, and I must say if you're coming to Miami this hotel is the answer. Very clean and safe hotel. Jeff, manager, is second to none. This man knows how to run a hotel. Melissa at the front desk who is fairly new, but doing a great job, I know with Jeffs help she will get it eventually. All in all an amazing experience! Every hotel employee is exceptional at what they do.

• Stayed October 2013
READING, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great bed, super girls at desk, good breakfast on the go & we used the stay & cruise package...a little more money than we would have liked...but good we did enjoy our stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing us as your pre-cruise hotel and for writing such an enthusiastic review about your experience! We love to see our guests enjoy our hotel.

Our Stay & Cruise package offers a bundle including your stay at the hotel, transfers for 2 people to the Port of Miami, as well as long-term parking if you leave a car with us during your cruise. When you consider taxi fares and parking service at the Port being $20/day, you will see that our package deal is really the best bang for your buck.

I would also like to bring to your attention our Advance Purchase rates, these offer a 15% discount if you pay online in advance. We also have shopping and game-day packages depending on your travel needs.

Thanks again for choosing our property to start your vacation. We hope to welcome you back again soon,

Best regards,

Christian J. Riofrio

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!