“EXCELLENT stay at Hampton Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #10 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Burnsville, North Carolina
“EXCELLENT stay at Hampton Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We booked a one-night stay at the Blue Lagoon Hotel in Miami, prior to our cruise. We arrived a bit late. The area looked a little questionable, but when we entered the hotel, we felt so comforted. It smelled great, looked very clean and wonderful.

We were greeted by VERY professional staff, Jennifer, and Frank Marrero. They were PERFECT! The room was immaculate, beautiful city view, soooo clean. The breakfast area was the same.

The shuttle to the port was perfect and effortless, punctual. We did the park and sail and the parking garage was VERY secure, clean, and had access directly inside the hotel.

Thank you to Jennifer and Frank! Would DEFINITELY stay here again to park & cruise. GREAT value for less than $150 for a one-night stay, breakfast, and 9 days of parking!

Room Tip: Ours was a suite, apartment style - excellent. Lovely view of city from 9th floor.

1,383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Winder, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Excellent stay and cruise package. Free (covered and gated) parking for up to 14 days and free shuttle service to the port. Only down side is you have to pay for the shuttle back to the hotel. Fee was ten dollars per person. Overall experience with the hotel was excellent. All emplyees were super nice. Shuttle driver was extremely nice as well. Will be staying here again when the opportunity arises.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We regretfully had only 1 night as we were here on business. Staff was excellent, check in/out quick, room clean and comfortable. Good value with free secure parking, free wifi and free breakfast, even better if you are a FL resident. Great Cuban restaurant across the street, real not from mix mojitos and margaritas. Good food too. Room attendant saw me going for ice and told me the machine on my floor was out. She didn't just send me to another floor but took me to be sure I got ice. All the staff we encountered were cheerful, knowledgeable and eager to help. Only reason I would stay elsewhere in Miami is if my destination was far from this hotel. Miami traffic and roads are not fun. Recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Wappingers Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was our third stay at Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon and the place just keeps getting better. Airport pickup was prompt and courteous. Reception at front desk was equally good. We arrived at the hotel at 1:30pm and were assigned a room immediately and the room was in excellent condition. Next morning breakfast was provided, a typical hotel breakfast buffet, and we were picked up for our transport to the Port. With Publix across the street, this is a great stop-over for one night prior to a cruise.

Room Tip: We stayed on floor 9 facing the airport and lagoon and it was comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
BandRTravel,

Thank you for your continued loyalty and for reviewing your stay with us. We love welcoming back familiar faces and exceeding your expectations every time.

See you back again soon!

College Park, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My stay in Miami was wonderful. I checked into my 11th floor room and there was a terrible humming sound and slight vibration. I called the front desk and they gladly switched my room. The bed was comfortable--firm, but nice. The room decor was up to date and it smelled nice when I walked in. I appreciated the motion detector thermostat that was energy efficient. The bathroom was also nicely decorated with a full sized shower (no tub). I have no complaints at all of this hotel and I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Avoid the middle rooms on the 11th floor if you are a light sleeper. Cooling towers can be noisy.
Green Features: I love the motion detector thermostat. Great touch.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Wcy4221,

Thank your for choosing our hotel and for posting your comments about your recent stay. I wanted to let you know that management and the engineering team are aware of the humming audible from some rooms on the 11th floor, and we are working to fix the issue. We are installing spring that will absorb the noise from the cooling towers.

I am glad to see that we were able to find a solution for you and switch you to a more comfortable room. We hope you will try us out again in the near future.

Best regards,

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had only two issues with the Blue Lagoon Hampton Inn but they were BIG ISSUES. Only use your card to reserve the room. My account was drained by the staff upon check out. I got onto my cruise ship with only $41. The hold on the money was finally released on Wednesday. Also, cool your room down to a cooler than normal temp because the air conditioning was non-existant after 2am.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Audrey,

Thank you for reviewing your stay and bringing these issues to our attention.

Our normal hotel procedure is to authorize the total room and tax on the card, plus an additional 15% in case of any incidental charges. We do this upon checkin so that guests will receive a receipt under the door in the morning and may leave without having to check out with the front desk. There is also an option to check in with a cash payment, this will avoid any holds on the credit card.

Regarding the AC issue, I encourage you to contact me directly at criofrio@hospitalityamerica.com with your room number and a brief description of what happened so I can personally investigate the AC issue with our Chief Engineer.

I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I hope you will give us another chance to turn your opinion around.

Best regards,

Belo Horizonte, MG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We are tremendously satisfied. I recommend this nice hotel to everyone who cares about a good night sleep and breakfast. Be happy. Close to airport. Shuttle service every 30 minutes. Don't forget to bring with you wall Jack adapters.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!