“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
College Park, Georgia
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My stay in Miami was wonderful. I checked into my 11th floor room and there was a terrible humming sound and slight vibration. I called the front desk and they gladly switched my room. The bed was comfortable--firm, but nice. The room decor was up to date and it smelled nice when I walked in. I appreciated the motion detector thermostat that was energy efficient. The bathroom was also nicely decorated with a full sized shower (no tub). I have no complaints at all of this hotel and I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Avoid the middle rooms on the 11th floor if you are a light sleeper. Cooling towers can be noisy.
Green Features: I love the motion detector thermostat. Great touch.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Wcy4221,

Thank your for choosing our hotel and for posting your comments about your recent stay. I wanted to let you know that management and the engineering team are aware of the humming audible from some rooms on the 11th floor, and we are working to fix the issue. We are installing spring that will absorb the noise from the cooling towers.

I am glad to see that we were able to find a solution for you and switch you to a more comfortable room. We hope you will try us out again in the near future.

Best regards,

1,409 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had only two issues with the Blue Lagoon Hampton Inn but they were BIG ISSUES. Only use your card to reserve the room. My account was drained by the staff upon check out. I got onto my cruise ship with only $41. The hold on the money was finally released on Wednesday. Also, cool your room down to a cooler than normal temp because the air conditioning was non-existant after 2am.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Audrey,

Thank you for reviewing your stay and bringing these issues to our attention.

Our normal hotel procedure is to authorize the total room and tax on the card, plus an additional 15% in case of any incidental charges. We do this upon checkin so that guests will receive a receipt under the door in the morning and may leave without having to check out with the front desk. There is also an option to check in with a cash payment, this will avoid any holds on the credit card.

Regarding the AC issue, I encourage you to contact me directly at criofrio@hospitalityamerica.com with your room number and a brief description of what happened so I can personally investigate the AC issue with our Chief Engineer.

I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I hope you will give us another chance to turn your opinion around.

Best regards,

Belo Horizonte, MG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We are tremendously satisfied. I recommend this nice hotel to everyone who cares about a good night sleep and breakfast. Be happy. Close to airport. Shuttle service every 30 minutes. Don't forget to bring with you wall Jack adapters.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I travel to Miami pretty frequently and this is by far my favorite place to stay for the money.

The rooms are always nice and clean, there is indoor parking, and it's across the street from Starbuck's, Walgreens, Publix, and CVS.

The staff is helpful, the wireless and everything else always works, there's an outdoor pool and nice sitting area (covered or in the sun), etc.

I also like that you can get a room with a mini kitchen. I don't cook much while travelling but it's nice to have the option and also to have a fridge to keep some snacks on hand.

My only problem while staying here is that they must spray Febreeze or something on the bed linens and I don't like any sort of fragrance as I have allergies. But I asked that they not do that and they didn't do it again during my stay.

Room Tip: The suites with the kitchenette are a nice addition especially for longer stays or if you are travel...
Green Features: Nothing special other than the option to not have them replace towels everyday.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Noel,

We appreciate your continued business and thank you for writing this review. Before your next stay, I encourage you to write us at reservations@hamptoninnmiamiairport.com with your confirmation number and let us know of your hypoallergenic needs. We will more than happily accomodate to your request.

Thanks again for your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Fountain Hills, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We needed to stay one night in Miami on our way out of the US and this was the one we chose and we are so glad we did. The hotel staff was very nice and the location was perfect. There were several places to eat all within walking distance and the hot buffet breakfast the next morning was perfect. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My Wife and I booked their special Cruise package. We were picked up at the airport by their shuttle. The room was very spacious and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. We also got a free shuttle to the Port of Miami for our Cruise. We enjoyed our stay and will stay there again when in Miami.

• Stayed September 2013
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dstuart225,

Thank you for your positive review about your recent stay at our location. I am glad to see that our Stay & Cruise package was convenient for your needs. I will certainly pass along your comments about the service and cleaniless to our staff during the next team huddle.

Thanks again and we hope to be your hotel of choice when cruising from Miami in the future.

Freehold, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel is great to park and cruise from Miami port. We stayed here overnight and it did not disappoint. Checkin was quick, the room was clean, beds were comfortable. There are couple of restaurants at walking distance. Do try Pollo Tropical couple of blocks away. The parking garage is gated with key access. Breakfast was good but could have been more healthier. Overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!