“Better than I expected” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Tampa, Florida
“Better than I expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel was so clean! Staff was very friendly, the hot breakfast in the morning was good. I went with my sister in law and two nieces and it was very safe and private. The decor was updated and had a sleek look.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I booked this place after reading TA, using Hampton's website. I had a 12 hour overnight connection at MIA. When I got my bags at the airport, I called the Inn, and realized then that there were two Hampton Miami Airport hotels, and I got the wrong one, since they had no record of my reservation. I checked again and found the "Blue Lagoon" location, and a van was sent within 15 minutes to pick us up. Check in was friendly and easy. The property appeared new and clean, but I marked it down on cleanliness when the sink in our bathroom had someone else's shavings sprinkled on the bottom. Thatw was not really a big deal for us but we had to have an early call and leave before breakfast was served at 6 AM. Vans to the airport run every 30 minutes. A sack breakfast with a bottle of water, an apple, a muffin, and a granola bar was provided. We paid $140 ($160 after taxes) for our night. The bed was comfortable, there was free high speed internet, I only wish I could have been better prepared, not jet-lagged, and had a few more hours to rest.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dominica, Dominica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Excellent hotel to stay in, cleanliness of room, great customer service, free internet, great breakfast, great parking. I always there stay whenever I am in Miami. Its proximity to businesses including restaurants, shopping and airport, one cannot beat that and all for one price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Tallahassee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was a good hotel for the price. The mattresses weren't particularly comfy, but the breakfast was good and the hotel was CLEAN. Staff was friendly as well! Also very secure and safe feeling. Each floor is secure in that key cards are used operating the elevators and will only allow you access to your floor and the main floors. Convenient location near airport and near fast food and a grocery store. Not a ton of sit down restaurants nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

At first I was a little apprehensive about the hotel and location being a single parent but what a wonderful place. We stayed there three days prior to our Bahamas cruise so we didn't have a car. No WORRIES, everything you need from clothing to groceries is right across the street literally in walking distance. The hotel was really nice ,pretty, and clean, the pool and hot tub area was better than some Hilton's I've stayed in and the staff were awesome...Because of them I will become a Hilton's Honor member.

Room Tip: free airport shuttle
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Burlington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Would recommend this hotel. While coming to the area, we wanted to catch a Marlins baseball game so we chose this hotel due to the location and it worked out well. Staff was accommodating and very friendly. There were four of us in our party. The rooms were quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have chosen this hotel twice to stay the night before going on a cruise out of Miami Port. They charge a little more for the room, but it includes secure parking and a one-way shuttle to the cruise ship (you have to pay for the ride back). The staff is always friendly at this hotel and ensures your experience before cruising is exceptional. When we returned from our cruise, we were offered coffee, complimentary breakfast and even a "jump start" for my dead car battery by their shuttle service. It is walking distance to food, a grocery store and Starbucks. Definitely a great hotel choice whether using the airport, cruise port, or simply for a vacation spot hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suites are worth the extra penny. Lots of space! We prefer rooms on higher floors, but one si...
Green Features: I think this hotel does it's best to be environmentally-friendly. The hotel and guests have to work together to make it possible. If you can use your towels more than once, don't toss them on the floor!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!