The hotel was great but I had issues getting there. I got specific instructions to look for the shuttle on level 2 in Concourse E. I hadn't been to this airport before and there's lots of construction going on inside and outside. It was late and very dark. The shuttles would arrive using 3 lanes and keep driving by unless someone flagged them down. I had a lot of trouble seeing which shuttle was which because of the darkness and the fact that all you see at first are bright headlights coming at you. I waited in vain for over 40 minutes watching Hyatt, Marriott, Embassy, and other hotel vans driving by mixed in with parking shuttles and private vehicles. No Hampton.
I finally got tired of waiting and went to Level 1 to get a cab instead. That was another nightmare because unlike other airports there was no line of taxis where you simply hop into the first one. Nope. Like the hotel shuttles, they keep driving by. I finally got the attention of one and he pulled over and asked where I was going. I said the Hampton Inn and he said no, I would need another taxi. Then he drove off. What did that mean? I had no idea. I walked along the garage which was dark and kind of isolated. I was rapidly getting the impression this wasn't a traveler-friendly airport. Finally after walking a ways I found a taxi dispatcher. He could speak enough English to understand I wanted the Hampton but he said there were two - which did I want? Well, I knew it was on 57th and was near the airport and I had to state that about 3 times before he understood. Then he said I needed a blue cab. (?) He called one, I waited even longer, and finally a blue instead of yellow taxi pulled up and took me to the Hampton.
When I told the front desk I was disappointed there was no shuttle, she apologized and refunded my cab fare in cash. Which was nice - I didn't even ask for it. After that interesting experience getting from point A to point B, and spending over an hour in the process of going a few miles, I made it to my room and to bed. It was a nice room with a comfortable bed, clean bathroom, and was very quiet.
And the morning shuttle was there and waiting and 8:00 AM sharp! Getting back to the airport was no trouble. So the hotel deserves 5 stars and the shuttle deserves 2.5 stars - 0 for picking me up but 5 for taking me back. :)
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon Hotel
- Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon Hotel Miami
- Hampton Inn And Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
- Hampton Inn Miami
- Miami Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport hotel is located at the Waterford Corporate Park - Blue Lagoon complex, the perfect location for those visiting Miami for business or pleasure: Located just 5 minutes from Miami International Airport, 15 minutes from Downtown Miami, Brickell, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove and Doral. The Port of Miami is just a few miles from our door. Close to the Dolphin Mall, International Mall, Dadeland Mall & Aventura Mall and the South Florida Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.