“Amazing Service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Nevada
“Amazing Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We just spent a night at the Hampton Inn - Blue Lagoon after flying into Miami on our way to Key West - amazing customer service from the Front Dest clerk to the Shuttle van drivers - everyone we met was wonderful. Hotel rooms are very modern and comfortable to stay in and we will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Flower47Nevada,

Thank you very much for your kind words and positive comments about our service, everyone here at our Hampton is commited to provide excellent customer service and I am glad you were able to experience that from our guest service representatives to our shuttle drivers. I want to thank you for noticing our upgrades completed to our guest rooms and inform you that our hotel now has the "Hampton Perfect Mix Lobby" and a renovated "Jump Start Fitness Center" Thanks again and I hope to meet you in person next time you visit Miami and our hotel.

1,412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I traveled to Miami for a meeting with a customer. I specifically requested a GPS be included in my rental car because I am bad with directions. I also requested a hotel as close to the airport as possible. I set the address for the hotel on the GPS and left the airport expecting to arrive at the hotel 5 minutes later. It took me over 2 hours to get to the hotel because the GPS wasn't working properly! Needless to say, when I arrived at the check-in counter I was in a state of disarray! I was greated by some of the most helpful associates ever! Even the hotel manager on duty at the time was extremely helpful and compassionate towards my plight. I explained that my GPS wasn't working and that I had a meeting with a customer the following morning. The manager offered to print the directions for me and took the time to explain to me how the streets were set up. My flight wasn't leaving out until late evening the following day and I was allowed to have a late check out. Talk about turning a bad experience into a good one! I know where I will be staying the next time I visit Miami thanks to this awesome group of associates!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Nanda K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport Blue Lagoon. I am glad you found our customer service to exceed your expectations, my team and I, are commited to serve you and every guest and I am glad we help you turn your "horrible experience into a positive one" Jeffrey Austin is the manager that assited you with printed directions and took the time to explain how streets and avenues run in Miami. I appreciate your positive feedback and would like to thank you in advance for choosing our Hampton next time your visit Miami, I am sure you will remember the route between the airport and our hotel.
Greenlawn, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Since this hotel is not far from the Miami airport, I expected to hear jets flying overhead. Didn't happen. It was very quiet. The suite was very comfortable. It was also convenient to Coral Gables, where I worked.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear John G,

Thank you for your short and positive feedback, as stated in your review, even though our hotel is less than four miles south and just five minutes away from Miami International Airport, you will not hear the planes flying overhead as our architect and engineers did a great job isolating the noise. I am glad your found our one bedroom suite to be comfortable and our location to be convenient to your needs. I would like to point out that we are located in the middle of the city, which makes us a great location whether you visit Coral Gables, Brickell/Downtown Miami, City of Doral, South Miami and more. Thanks again for your encouraging feedback and for choosing our hotel.
san cristobal, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

comments to the hotel , shuttle is no very good service, the food is very good , the room is great, in general is good, the personal is very good , the cleaning is fine . the hotel Hampton in general is fine , and recommended my friends

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your recent review about our hotel. We appreciate your recommendation of our property, although the shuttle service was not as you expected. I encourage you to message me with some more details of what happened so we may correct the problem. I hope you give us another chance to "wow" you with our service next time you travel to Miami.

Best regards,

Christian J. Riofrio
Sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I found the Blue Lagoon several years ago and have just completed two stays this month. They are very consistent and I cannot recommend this hotel enough. The rooms are very clean and quiet; the desk staff cannot be more helpful. The beds are terrific and have those washable duvet covers which I love. Close to airport with frequent shuttle service and also close to South Beach. If you are flying out of the airport, terrific place to stay as trip is just a few minutes. Several fast foods and other restaurants across the street, as well as a drug store for last minute items. Mid-week, there is a free "finger food" buffet with wine as well included; you can easily make a dinner if you are not a huge eater. Also free internet service in the business office with computers you can use if you didn't bring your own. The hot breakfast is fabulous as well! You won't regret a stay here and there is a special rate for Florida residents.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Katie,

Thank you so much for your positive comments about your recent stay with us. I am glad to see that you are taking in the full benefits of all our amenities, as well as the location and surrounding area. I welcome the chance to meet you in person and appreciate the tips you leave to other TripAdvisor users. Thanks again for your loyalty and hope to see you back soon!

Christian. J. Riofrio
Aliso Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was the best Hotel to stay at if you were taking a Cruise out of Miami. Hotel Shuttle to and from the Airport was Excellent. We stayed on 4/12/2013 and 4/21/2013. Staff was great. There was a little remodeling going on(when we came back from our Cruise they were done) and yes the New Floring in the front was Beautiful. They upgraded us to a suite and allowed us to check in early when we came back from our cruise. They were helpful when suggesting where to get a bite to eat. Hotel was VERY CLEAN(I'm somewhat of a Germaphobic so that was very Important for me). Great Breakfast in the morning. I can go on and on. I would recommend this Hotel to all my family and friends. Thank You Hampton Inn for a Great Stay! I don't remember the Young Ladies names who were working that day but I Love Their Smiles and Friendlyness!

Room Tip: If you are taking a Cruise, they use a shuttle service that only charges 10.00 per person.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Sandra,

I appreciate your positive review and top ratings about your stay at our property. I am glad that our tile rework project only affected you minimally and that you were still able to enjoy one of our spacious suites. I will pass your praises about the food and service along to the rest of the team. Thanks again and hope to have you back with us very soon.

Christian. J. Riofrio
Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Last week I stayed at this hotel with my wife for two nights and it was a great experience. I love Hampton Inns and this one didn't disappoint. Tripadvisor didn't either!
First, we were welcomed by Jose, who was very friendly and got us a complimentary room upgrade to a King Suite on the 5th floor, since we were on our honeymoon. That was nice.
The suite was more than adequate for us, with room to spare. Although the bedroom proper was a little cramped. Everything spotless and working fine! Moreover, you get a nice breakfast every day with enough choices, free parking in a secure garage, and there's also a pool, a gym and a business center which we didn't use.
And the location is excellent, very close to the airport and a few minutes away from downtown and the malls, with stores and restaurants at walking distance. The neighbourhood is safe. They also have a free shuttle to the airport! In other words, I would not hesitate to go back! Hopefully the remodelling at the lobby will end soon! Thanks a lot!

• Stayed April 2013
WiseJJ,

First, congratulations on your recent nuptials, and thank you for choosing our hotel to be a part of your celebrations!

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, from the complimentary suite upgrade, to the food, and the facilities. You will be happy to know that the tile rework project is now complete and we are about 99% done with the total renovations throughout the property.

I welcome you back to stay with us next time you and your wife are passing through the Magic City.

Best regards,

Christian J. Riofrio

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!