You added Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon to your Saves list
GreenLeadersGold level
san cristobal, Venezuela
“hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

comments to the hotel , shuttle is no very good service, the food is very good , the room is great, in general is good, the personal is very good , the cleaning is fine . the hotel Hampton in general is fine , and recommended my friends

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your recent review about our hotel. We appreciate your recommendation of our property, although the shuttle service was not as you expected. I encourage you to message me with some more details of what happened so we may correct the problem. I hope you give us another chance to "wow" you with our service next time you travel to Miami.

Christian J. Riofrio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I found the Blue Lagoon several years ago and have just completed two stays this month. They are very consistent and I cannot recommend this hotel enough. The rooms are very clean and quiet; the desk staff cannot be more helpful. The beds are terrific and have those washable duvet covers which I love. Close to airport with frequent shuttle service and also close to South Beach. If you are flying out of the airport, terrific place to stay as trip is just a few minutes. Several fast foods and other restaurants across the street, as well as a drug store for last minute items. Mid-week, there is a free "finger food" buffet with wine as well included; you can easily make a dinner if you are not a huge eater. Also free internet service in the business office with computers you can use if you didn't bring your own. The hot breakfast is fabulous as well! You won't regret a stay here and there is a special rate for Florida residents.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Katie,

Thank you so much for your positive comments about your recent stay with us. I am glad to see that you are taking in the full benefits of all our amenities, as well as the location and surrounding area. I welcome the chance to meet you in person and appreciate the tips you leave to other TripAdvisor users. Thanks again for your loyalty and hope to see you back soon!

Christian. J. Riofrio
Aliso Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was the best Hotel to stay at if you were taking a Cruise out of Miami. Hotel Shuttle to and from the Airport was Excellent. We stayed on 4/12/2013 and 4/21/2013. Staff was great. There was a little remodeling going on(when we came back from our Cruise they were done) and yes the New Floring in the front was Beautiful. They upgraded us to a suite and allowed us to check in early when we came back from our cruise. They were helpful when suggesting where to get a bite to eat. Hotel was VERY CLEAN(I'm somewhat of a Germaphobic so that was very Important for me). Great Breakfast in the morning. I can go on and on. I would recommend this Hotel to all my family and friends. Thank You Hampton Inn for a Great Stay! I don't remember the Young Ladies names who were working that day but I Love Their Smiles and Friendlyness!

Room Tip: If you are taking a Cruise, they use a shuttle service that only charges 10.00 per person.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Sandra,

I appreciate your positive review and top ratings about your stay at our property. I am glad that our tile rework project only affected you minimally and that you were still able to enjoy one of our spacious suites. I will pass your praises about the food and service along to the rest of the team. Thanks again and hope to have you back with us very soon.

Christian. J. Riofrio
Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Last week I stayed at this hotel with my wife for two nights and it was a great experience. I love Hampton Inns and this one didn't disappoint. Tripadvisor didn't either!
First, we were welcomed by Jose, who was very friendly and got us a complimentary room upgrade to a King Suite on the 5th floor, since we were on our honeymoon. That was nice.
The suite was more than adequate for us, with room to spare. Although the bedroom proper was a little cramped. Everything spotless and working fine! Moreover, you get a nice breakfast every day with enough choices, free parking in a secure garage, and there's also a pool, a gym and a business center which we didn't use.
And the location is excellent, very close to the airport and a few minutes away from downtown and the malls, with stores and restaurants at walking distance. The neighbourhood is safe. They also have a free shuttle to the airport! In other words, I would not hesitate to go back! Hopefully the remodelling at the lobby will end soon! Thanks a lot!

• Stayed April 2013
WiseJJ,

First, congratulations on your recent nuptials, and thank you for choosing our hotel to be a part of your celebrations!

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, from the complimentary suite upgrade, to the food, and the facilities. You will be happy to know that the tile rework project is now complete and we are about 99% done with the total renovations throughout the property.

I welcome you back to stay with us next time you and your wife are passing through the Magic City.

Rogers, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

First, I'm a Hampton guy. Great value and very consistent. This Hampton is really close to Miami Airport. The shuttle is convienent. It's only about 15-20 min from South Beach. About 10-15 from Coral Gabels where there is great shopping and good places to eat. I like to run, and this property is in a good place for running. The pool is nice and the property in whole is very nice. The staff is always friendly and make me feel very welcome everytime.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Steven

Thank you for your review. Definetely very central and has everything you may need. I hope you had the time to try our new and improved exercise room.

Hope we see you again very soon!

Edinburg, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel shuttle promptly picked us up at the airport and within 5 minutes we were at the hotel. The driver was very friendly and pointed out nearby restaurants. The lobby was under construction but it wasn't a problem. We were upgraded to a suite which was very nice. Hampton Inns are VERY nice places to stay and aren't very expensive compared to other comparable hotels. The next morning at 5 a.m., we managed to grab a cup of coffee which was freshly made before departing to the airport. Overall, a convenient, nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dina,

Thank you for your recent review about your overnight stay with us. As you mentioned, the Hampton brand stand behind bringing you the best value for your money with our convenient amenities and service. I hope you will make us your hotel of choice when visiting the Miami area.

Dunfermline, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I booked this for an overnight stay having flown in from London. The booking was made after referral to Trip advisor and this seemed to have the best reviews. The lobby area was quite small with only one or 2 check in desks, but this seems to be quite normal these days.
The girl on the front desk was very nice & welcoming, I cant remember her name but acknowledged me as a gold honors member. The room was nice and the breakfast was a standard Hampton style affair. I would have no hesitation booking this again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Seedling,

I appreciate your time in writing this positive review about your recent stay at our hotel. I acknowledge that as a Gold member, you must see and visit many Hilton hotels throughout the years, which makes me extra proud to see that you vote ours as one of the best! I will certainly pass your comments along to the rest of the team. Thanks again for your loyalty and I look forward to welcoming you during your future Miami trips.

Christian J. Riofrio

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!