“Lots to Like” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Dunbar, West Virginia
“Lots to Like”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed here two days before a cruise. We had stayed here a few years ago and liked it, and seeing the high rating it has in Trip Advisor, decided to try it again.

The check in was fast and the room very nice. It was on a Thursday and that night they had a Manager's Reception with wine and a lot of finger foods -- chicken salad, homemade salsa, chips, guacamole, lunchmeat, bread, vegetables, sweets -- I am sure I have missed something. Other people there said the day before they had hot dogs and chili, so It looks like they are offering a nice snack before dinner, or dinner itself if you are so inclined. But it is only on certain days. Friday night they did not have this. It is a disappointment to not have it, when it was there before. Hilton should rethink this.

The hotel is across the street from a few small restaurants, fast food places, drug stores, Publix, Burlington Coat Factory -- all within walking distance. We took a shuttle to the Dolphin Mall for $10/person. The mall is huge and has a lot of discounted clothes stores. They also had a lot of luggage on sale in many stores and we saw a lot of people walking around with them. The shuttle runs several times a day and the same is with the return trips to the hotel.

We also went to Gator Park in the Everglades and went on an airboat into the glades and saw their gator show. It was fun. Since we got there before 10 a.m. we got one ticket free. Check to see if they offer this if you are interested. We needed an internet coupon which I printed off at the Hotel.

Going to the cruise we paid $10/person for the shuttle. They were very prompt, friendly and we were fine with it.

The hotel would be even better if they had a refrigerator and microwave in every room. Many Hampton Inns offer this and with the proximity of this hotel with a large grocery store nearby and no name restaurants, these would be appreciated. Also, they got chinzy with their evening cookies on Friday. We got back to the hotel about 630 pm and were told all the cookies were gone and no more would be made. I never came up against this before -- at other Hampton Inns they were always happy to bake more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

YES!! Definetely lots to like!! We have a very productive and diligent staff to make your stay more pleasurable.

Thank you again for your stay, and we hope to see you back soon.

1,417 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here the night before cruising. I loved this hotel. It's near a few shops including Walgreens. Someone always seemed to be cleaning. The elevators are so secure you have to scan your room card to get in the elevator. The buffet was good. Make sure you use their shuttle if you go cruising. Great deal. Will come back again.

• Stayed February 2013
Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This Hampton near MIA airport is a good choice if you need some sleep after a long flight. Main assets:
- close to airport
- free parking
- quiet
- good mattresses
- duvets available (travelers from Europe appreciate this)
- free breakfast
- very friendly staff at reception

Had a non-smoking standard room with 2 queen size beds, fully prepaid. Compared to my last stay in April 2012, the rate was fairly high. Yet, giving the good standard, price/value is ok.

Room we had on 8th floor had some first signs of aging in bathroom, nothing serious though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful place to stay prior to a cruise. Hotel is clean and located in a safe part of Miami. The staff is great and very accommodating. Our room was recently updated and very clean. Nice breakfast. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
Huntsville, AL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We arrived at 4:30pm afternoon and were tired and ready to get a good night sleep for our early morning flight. I had to wait for a large group to get checked in and once I got to the desk I was told my room was not ready………..So I was told “go shopping or eat and our room would be ready in 30 min…” She told me they would call me when the room was ready. I had no desire to go back into the Miami traffic and was tired. So I went to my car and waited. After waiting 30 minutes and still no call I drove across the street and got a shake at Burger king. I returned and waiting another 20 or so minutes. I sat there and watch as many as 20 people check in and appeared to get room keys….So I went in and asked if room was ready. To my surprise it was ready….I asked why I did not get a call and the lady just looked at me with a stupid smile….The bed was fine but the pillows was too soft.

BTW…I did not see any view of the Lagoon…

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We want you to experience quick and friendly service in comfortable surroundings. I'm disappointed to hear that we fell short of this and understand that first impressions can be lasting impressions. We never want to fall short of offering you our true Hamptonality and I can assure you've addressed the problems you experienced at check-in. We hope that you'll give us a second chance for a better stay.

Kind regards,

Bartlesville, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel primaily because it was very clean and safe... Each floor is locked and you cannot
Enter the floors without an activated card... The hotel was very clean and breakfast good... Rooms could use some updating ... Microwave and frig would be nice in all rooms ... You have to pay extra for that... All in all being unsure about Miami and safety... We were very
Pleased ... The hotel van will take u many places such as restaurants etc unless they ate heading to
Airport! There is a publix (grocery store) and liquor store right across street ...

• Stayed January 2013
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Anne,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. Making our guests feel safe and at home is one of our primary goals, and I am glad to hear you felt secure with us. Perhaps you would prefer one of our King Studys with micro/fridge combo or Suites with full kitchen, next time you are traveling to the Miami area.

Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were driving to Miami to board a cruise and I was somewhat uncomfortable about leaving the vehicle at the port for a week. This property offers an excellent Stay and Cruise package for a fair price... overnight stay with breakfast, gated garage parking for the duration of your cruise, included transportation to the port (you catch a taxi back on your return.) Walking into the busy lobby I was dismayed at the number of people checking in/out with luggage everywhere. I quickly realized how efficiently and pleasantly the front desk personnel were taking care of business. Very nice room pre-cruise (upgraded without asking as HiltonHonors guests), relaxing late afternoon on the large poolside patio, better than usual breakfast, prompt pick up at designated time in the morning. For a nice dinner try the 94th Aero Squadron just a few blocks away... drive yourself, or the hotel provides complimentary transportation as well as a discount coupon. We really enjoyed this upscale Hampton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
You know we love our cruisers here in Miami and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us out of all the area hotels. I see that we were able to deliver our part in keeping your satisfied throughout your stay and ensuring that your pre-cruise arrangements went smoothly. I welcome you back to stay with us again and thank you for your business.

Christian J. Riofrio

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!